Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JoshuaA said:

In a ideal world next year the park would invest in a identical replacement and maybe spruce up the area while they are at it.

I think that is wishful though, lets hope.. I wouldn't be upset if they re-did Tomb Blaster next year instead as that ride is currently a pile of garbage.

 

I agree with you on this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be honest even if they replace it, it will never be as good as buccaneer. For some reason, it always went just that little bit higher then other swinging ships. 

 

Some of my my best memories was during fury’s opening year and just staying on it for ten rides in a row, just switching seats after ever cycle. 

 

🥰😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shame, and further testament to the lack of maintenance budget provided to the Merlin parks.

 

There's always budget for new investments (albeit smaller and smaller numbers as of late). And they have a bare minimum budget for maintaining attractions (ie: fix stuff so they're safe and that's about it). But if something goes wrong, you're screwed. And with Merlin parks having a good few rides from the 90s, which are now reaching 30 years old, it's only understandable that some rides will need major refurbs.

 

What will be the next ride to bite the maintenance dust..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm shocked that Ramases Revenge is still alive, and by god it's tried it's best to be sent to the scrapheap over the years, bless it's cotton socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

I'm shocked that Ramases Revenge is still alive, and by god it's tried it's best to be sent to the scrapheap over the years, bless it's cotton socks.

 

I'm calling it. By the end of next year, it will be on the scrapheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, Mark9 said:

 

I'm calling it. By the end of next year, it will be on the scrapheap.

Spoke too soon. Chessington have called an end to Black Buccaneer according to British Theme Park Archive on FB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 7:13 AM, JoshC. said:

A shame, and further testament to the lack of maintenance budget provided to the Merlin parks.

 

There's always budget for new investments (albeit smaller and smaller numbers as of late). And they have a bare minimum budget for maintaining attractions (ie: fix stuff so they're safe and that's about it). But if something goes wrong, you're screwed. And with Merlin parks having a good few rides from the 90s, which are now reaching 30 years old, it's only understandable that some rides will need major refurbs.

 

What will be the next ride to bite the maintenance dust..

 

 

vampire. that's lasted for years. will be sad when that goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Vampire for now is safe, I don't see the park removing it for another 5 years or so and even then I don't think its too much of a maintenance nightmare (especially now with the vekoma trains.)

I think the next ride to face the Black Buccaneer fate is gonna be Rameses; Its rarely open, not very popular and overall I'm kinda shocked they haven't sent it to the scrapyard yet..

I think Samurai will soon face that same fate.. Merlin really don't like flat rides.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...