Fright Nights

BiHazz-ord

They probably want extras for the filming of an advert or something and want people between that age.It's a relatively restricted age range though!

I'd have thought it to be a little early to film an advert. I thought it might have been one of those talk group things about how they could improve FN and what a new attraction should be, as 16-24 is the main target market.We shall see though! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can they not even spend a bit of money on creating a facade to surround the tent's sides? Like with Charlie at AT? Surely that can't cost THAT much!? Not even a heavily themed entrance into the maze. It is really quite disappointing that they continue doing this...the Curse's slightly themed doors surrounded by the tent are laughable. This...from the nation's thrill capital. A hugely disappointing maze in a big white tent. No sense of mystery or tension whatsoever.

They have dressed the Tents up because they are meant to be white ghosts! ;) But yeah its just called being cheap because its not expensive to get a bit of draping at least! Also thorpe park are doing a preview for Annual pass holders just like Alton towers BUT why do you wan't to go to that all you are going to be is a guinea pig for the actors to get practice! If you think you are going to go to the preview then write a damnning report about your expereince, I shall shoot you! It takes a while for the actor to get used to groups and the area around them, So to be honest your going to get a very lack luster performance! Unless you are lucky and you could get the complete opposite, a very enthusiastic group of actors, but I highly doubt it!

^You say we'll be guinea pigs if we go, but we won't? The actors will have had test runs to some degree (I guess that is what happens anyway..), there's been John Lewis events where they go in early (don't know whether they still happen now), etc. etc.Sure, you don't expect them to be on the top of their game, but you wouldn't say 'Oh, it's the first night of this show, it's fine that the acting was bad' if you went to a theatre, would you? Granted, the conditions and that are slightly different, but you do have to expect some level of quality?

My views on the quality of performance throughout the event depends on many factors. On one hand, you'll have actors who are returning to the event from previous years and will have an idea of what may or may not work. Whilst all actors will know their environment extremely well and will know their characters inside out; dealing with a live audience during the actual event will be quite a different experience.During this time, they'll get a feel for what gets the biggest reactions and will adapt their performance to do so. This is speaking generally, of course. These sorts of things can be very different each time you go through, depending on the group you're with and the actor themselves. Most of the actors there will try their absolute best because for many of them, it is a twisted passion to see that reaction in people and isn't just a job.

Am I the only one who's experience isn't affected by the tents?I don't see why it makes such a difference

When I'm in one of the tents, it's never made a difference to me. As soon as I've stepped in them, I've never felt like I'm in a tent. However, on the outside, it doesn't build up any sort of tension, because it's just this big, white blob that's just sat there. Does spoil the atmosphere quite a bit..

When I'm in one of the tents, it's never made a difference to me. As soon as I've stepped in them, I've never felt like I'm in a tent. However, on the outside, it doesn't build up any sort of tension, because it's just this big, white blob that's just sat there. Does spoil the atmosphere quite a bit..

When I first went in a maze, the tent being so unthemed, made me think 'Wtf is everyone so scared coming out for? :|'It kind of leaves you wondering what to expect

Am I the only one who's experience isn't affected by the tents?I don't see why it makes such a difference

I think you're both right and wrong. The experience inside isn't really affected because after all, the mazes are pretty world class and even the mazes at Universal don't match Thorpe's for intensity. On the other hand, Universal puts so much effort into "the show". It's also something Disney get right, just that bit of magic that makes everything seem so much more exciting. Walking around at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights is like being in a movie, every step throughout the park builds up tension and scares - Thorpe could learn from this but I just don't think it's worth them trying with the budget they will receive, it would always just be average. So looking at it from both perspectives, it's probably better to have these little gems inside white tents, just for the brilliant experience ;)

I just think what Universal achieve is an overall complete event, or as you say, a show. Some people are not into the intense mazes with actors jumping out at you. Universal has "scarezones" to battle this. Whilst there are still live actors, they're much more interactive and are there for a show element and are much less likely to jump out at you like they would in a maze.By doing this, they're actually expanding their audience of who can experience the event. In theory this means more people are satisfied, more people return the following year, more profit and more investment.I do enjoy Thorpe's efforts but I have seen far better, producing much higher quality results by independent events. Broadditch Farm for example, have blown me away with their passion, enthusiasm and love for Halloween. This comes through in their event.