Fright Nights

BiHazz-ord

Here's my (quick) views on today and this evening...I need to mention that I very rarely get scared on mazes, in fact I have never been genuinely scared since Fright Nights 2003. However, HHN's this year was quiet jumpy now and again.1) Experiment 10 was terrifying (both times I went on it). The focus group paid off and it is incredible, unlike any maze before. Without giving anything away, I did both routes and both were equally as good as eachother.2) The Asylum has a few improvements and is good as good as previous years.3) The Park's decoration is poor (Nooses and Drums) but I am aware that was management discussion to keep in line with 'the brand'.4) Both Se7en and The Curse were in such a poor state, not only were there less scares than Saw Alive (if that is possible) but new lighting in The Curse means you see the naff walls and the small changes made it more tacky and less intense. Whilst Se7en has yet another FN where it grows poorer, surely this is it's last season.5) The Clowns roaming the park and the audio across the place was a nice touch.

In regards to the parks Fright Night brand being 'poor', I think that it's important to remember the parks target audience, I had spend many unpaid days in, creating theming on Colossous, Slammer, Samurai and most of all on Rush that was often, totally destroyed straight away, and so I do think that it's good that the park have adopted this 'theme', that works well across the park and is a little less destructible, to so may 'target audience' members.While I think that the mazes; Asylum , Se7ven and the Curse bring nothing new to the park. Experiment 10, if it keeps up doing what it's doing, it will go down really well indeed, and is already getting great fan reviews!

Just a question on audio; is it the full swap over, ie: 'we're going to push you really high' on Rush etc, or just the park wide loop with rides audio unchanged?

Pretty much all the ride audio is changed. Rush, like you said "we're going to push you really high" and on Stealth there's a little girl saying "it's only just a dream... It's only just a dream"

I think what RobD possibly meant was that last year the audio was not great for the first weekend or two of Fright Nights (roughly from what I remember). The park seemed to play a two track loop around most of the park (a midnight syndicate and saw track) during the first week with a couple of rides playing usual music. It was then sorted so that the rides played their individual fright nights tracks.

A couple of photos of me with various actors that were on-park yesterday. Expect a PTR from me in the next day or so, which will go more in depth as to their roles. :)Posted ImageExperiment 10 researcher 1.Posted ImageExperiment 10 researcher 2.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Posted ImageRoaming clown.