THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

You know what, that lead into that first inversion is going to be insane. I'm actually scared!

Because your on the sides of the track, the first inline is going to be a whole different experience. Similar to the likes of the blade rotation on an electric fan. The concept of getting a crazy amount of hang time and a decent view of all the scenery and a lot of the park as you twist upside down in a different way to usual is going to be immense! :o

I will try to do both sides on the day I first get to ride it. Preferably right first as you get the higher side on the inclined loop, corkscrew and first drop. This will be very re ride-able because of the difference in experience depending on what side of the car you sit on.

Construction continues apace on The Swarm - photos from today are now live on Total Thorpe Park! And what a day it was - photos always look better with a cloudless blue sky backdrop :o There seemed to be little work going on with the lift hill/first drop, but new track is going up on the other side of the site! They're certainly not slowing the rate of construction - I think they are now building the part of the ride which circles the helicopter:Posted ImageThe lift hill is really imposing on the Thorpe skyline (it's huge), especially from the Dome - almost everyone walking across the entrance bridge pointed at it and got excited. There are also new banners promoting the ride hanging in the Dome and a mini Missing Wall has been placed next to the Swarm "security area" next to Stealth, so Thorpe are doing a great job in getting guests on Park talking about the ride.I can't wait to see this view in just over 5 months time...Posted Image

Around 9am yesterday...in case anyone was still in doubt as to just how gargantuan this thing is, have a look at those two orange dots at the top of the lift hill for some perspective!They are working on the maintenance 'basket' which is suspended beneath the top of the lift on a rail (which can be seen in some of the earlier pictures of that track section), and allows for access below the track and to the chain. Posted ImageThis next photo shows the other end of the site- where work has been done on the shell of the station building and the helicopter section of the track has begun erection- look how close it appears to be to the ground!Posted ImageAnd finally, this is how the island appeared at around 7am this morning! Posted Image