THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I think that specific ride audio is something Thorpe has done successfully with most of their rides (my only real grumble being the Saw duo), so I can't see Thorpe making a mistake with Swarm.I love the idea of some sort of eerie choir singing some sort of chant in the station, even if it's just for dispatch. I'm more interested as to how the general island will sound; so many routes Thorpe could go down, and I'm interested which one they'll take..

If we are talking about what soundtrack they are going to use how about just the sound of a swarm of insects like Bee's or wasps? Afterall the ride is called The Swarm so I think that would be a suitable sound, not very original or inspiring I know but it would work! I just think if they try to be too flash with these sort of decisions they normally end up getting it wrong example being I think Stealth was the wrong name choice for that particular ride and the music didn't fit the feel of the ride either :wub: The concept that The Swarm is some kind of locast of insects or flying aliens that's invaded earth and has caused Armegeddon is a great idea so why not just represent this with some loud buzzing noise when your queuing up? Could get annoying after awhile and drive people away if it's too loud but that's something I'm sure they'd make sure wont happen!

The bass tone at the end of all promotional videos for The Swarm is amazing - sent a shiver down my spine the first time I heard it.Anyone else thinking (like Inferno) that the bass would work well as part of the despatch music? If they're thinking of having LCD screens in the station, I could just imagine the 'War Is Coming' video with the bass tone being the despatch sequence, here's hoping! :wub:

Hi,I'm new to this forum.I've been watching this thread for a while now, and seen that the discussion has moved to soundtracks.Time to make my shameful plug.*cough*

I made this around april time, and finished it up a bit after the general theme had been determined.If you guys could give me some feedback on this, I'd be grateful :wub:

Anyone else thinking (like Inferno) that the bass would work well as part of the despatch music? If they're thinking of having LCD screens in the station, I could just imagine the 'War Is Coming' video with the bass tone being the despatch sequence, here's hoping! :wub:

I'm personally hoping for dispatch lighting; I adore Air's blue wash and Inferno's is pretty cool too, although given the station is partially open for Swarm I don't suppose it'd work sadly. I think the short punchy bass track idea is good though :P

Posted ImageWith the circuit complete, work has begun on testing the clearance between the ride track, columns and theming elements. A 2D Saftey Envelope which clips to the track and mimics the space required for the vehicles (and guests arms!) is placed at key points to ensure adequate space is available

Very nice, I remember seeing Raptor's one. Good to see the tower going up too - and it might just clear it because there's still a tiny rise up to the inline from there, although it does look bloody tight so perhaps they will need to adjust slightly. Anyway, glad we can allay the "zomg no tower!" fears :wub: