THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I would assume the high metal fencing is to stop construction workers from wondering in the way of a testing roller coaster...

They look pretty permanent, I dont mind them, they do their job, far to many times you see people jumping over ride area fences like at Colossus so these higher more industrial type ones hopefully make that abit more difficult. That and they do fit in with the theme

I had an educational tour today and oh my god does the swarm look awesome! We weren't allowed close up pictures but I can say that the theming looks even better in the flesh and also the fire engine is slightly submerged. The helicopter isn't as big as I expected but still looks fab. I will upload pictures later!

I'm so hopeful of SWARM now, seeing the effort with the water splash and the further addition of the vehicles. I think until the Plants have made home I still believe it'll look a tad bare, but I'm so hopeful this will prove all of Pleasure Beach Experience wrong, and will be nothing like AIR; and also make them all look like twonks in the process :)

Dunno why people think it being like Air is a bad thing, Raptor was essentially a Wing-Rider version of Air and it was FAB <3I wouldn't jump the gun for believing it will be as intense as Nemesis and Inferno, indeed it might be more akin to Inferno with one or two potential grey/black outs in the ride...I think people knock less intense rides because we've been spoilt with Nemesis over here... Just because they don't pull the Gs, doesn't mean they're not good solid rides...

That all looks well and truly amazing. I love the massive burn marks, explosion splodge type bits and extra decal details on the helicopter. Great work! Now as Mark said, February needs to gtfo ^_^Also, the mystery box area SW7 passes through a couple of times has some serious work to do :)

Looking at how 'nice' that fire engine looks makes me wonder why they haven't used the fire engine they blew up over fireworks? The more ruined look seem more suited. Meh, here's probably a reason behind it..Also, that website states a 'flaming fire truck', so it will be interesting to see how that goes down with a water effects adjacent to it...