THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

:wub: All coasters, including The Swarm have clearance checks... Now I really would not expect a £20M ride to be designed in a way which it maims people. On The Swarm, you WILL be able to fully extend your arms as far as you can reach. The chances are that the picture is deceiving and there is tons of room for you to extend your arms.

I hope I don't need to, but to clarify...In my original point, I was saying that the clearance of mere inches would be for having arms out / for tall people / etc. No matter how deceptive that picture may be, I still think we're looking at the smallest clearance being inches away, not feet..

Being an enthusiast =/= expert...I believe many posts of sarcasm have not translated well onto the site, but that's life...Either way, Wossy was wrong, but probably to provide some TERRIFYING PR for the ride, rather than to give out facts... Besides how many of the GP actually care about all the facts and figures of the ride? The majority at Thorpe will call it "THAT BIG WINGED THINGY INNIT BRUVVVVVVVVVVVV" anyways, so they might as well have said it goes at lightspeed, back to the future, gives you a cuppa and then gives you dental surgery...tl;dr... IT WON'T KILL/MAIM/INJURE ANYONE DELIBERATELY, OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE SHUT QUICKER THAN SAW BROKE DOWN ON OPENING DAY!!!!!11

I think anyone who is concerned about the near misses on this ride, should stay the hell away from Colossus in the summer.You're more likely (very likely), to get smacked in the face by over grown greenary on Colossus, than coming close to anything on this.Not sure if Mark9 and Benin would agree, but in all honesty, I didn't find ANY of Raptor's 'near misses' near at all. I think we can rest easy.

I think anyone who is concerned about the near misses on this ride, should stay the hell away from Colossus in the summer.You're more likely (very likely), to get smacked in the face by over grown greenary on Colossus, than coming close to anything on this.Not sure if Mark9 and Benin would agree, but in all honesty, I didn't find ANY of Raptor's 'near misses' near at all. I think we can rest easy.

When I have my hands up on Colossus I always get hit by something same with the trees at Rush. Swarm does look close to that wing but then so does Saw the ride with the spinning blades and the spikes inside and theres the cage on Colossus when doing the 4 inline twists so I think my arms shouldn't fall of.

^Nah, I have no problem with news reporters riding it (aside from Towers' decision to keep it secret THEN reveal it a day before opening), because it gets the ride out there... The worst thing on the Thirteen segment was the ECC people looking positively bored...Celebs getting to ride it though whilst everyone else looks on is out of order though... They can have their celeb nights or whatever, but the park shouldn't bend over backwards for them... (I would be horrible in GS, since I wouldn't give them exit passes on the basis of being famous :wub:)