Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Maybe not quite that obvious, but yes, that sort of idea. Maybe more like (from what I hear, not done it myself) the Vampire maze at Chessington, which I'm told is fun scary with a decent narrative, not YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE scary. As for the roaming actors they used to have these at Chessington, all sorts of terrifying things (the best of which were huge stilted three legged things which would chase people for ages), a skilled actor knows their target and how to chose them. Older families would be fine with that sort of thing.

Surely anyway if families were there the roaming actors would avoid scaring them

I doubt there will be any mazes for younger children, and fright nights will remain for over 12s. It will be complicated and wouldn't work to have a less scary maze, as the atmosphere/actors will just mean anybody looking to go fright nights are likely to be those looking for a proper scare, and TP know this. They will just keep going for the true horror events, there wont be a more 'fun scary' one.

If people want a more 'fun scary' event, as I said, they can go to chessie down the road ;)

exactly ;) Don't even know why this got brought up tbh they wont do it

You brought it up...

- Guys, they are not making this event for families. There will be no mazes for families.

I'll ask again, why you are so sure? Having an opinion is different to saying categorically something will or won't happen. You are doing the latter, do you mean to be doing the former?

I'm not professing to know anything, but it would be pretty dumb to alienate your new target market a couple of months after deciding what your target market was, wouldn't it? I'll point out again, there is a massive difference between the little children based 'family' event Chessington put on and what I'm meaning by 'family' - I'm talking about the very young teenage market seen squealing away on the big rides in the summer adverts with their parents. Thorpe park is for them now just as much as the old 16-24 independent youth market they've been squarely aimed at for a number of years.

There's a difference between a family maze and family attraction though.

Alton is a family park, and all their mazes are for over 14s. They still have family attractions though; shows and whatnot. There's nothing stopping Thorpe adding in a small side-line attraction for, say, children aged 8-12 and their families. It will do no harm and doesn't need to be thrust to the public's attention much. Families will find that if it's there.

If people want a more 'fun scary' event, as I said, they can go to chessie down the road ;)

Hope you're joking there.

There's no reason why the park doesn't do anything to cater for families - they might be using marketing to show the hardcore side, however it doesn't mean they won't introduce something slightly calmer for those who want to experience the event but don't want something so full on.

Hmm they have just released a quote from Cabin in the woods

Beaten to the post

note Cabin I the woods is also Lionsgate and dead Silence is done by Twisted Pictures

And the first Quote they released 'They're Coming' could be hinting towards Zombies (Night of the Living dead).

I may be looking to much into this :D

If the mazes do end up getting horror films attached to them, some won't need much work at all.

Asylum to Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Experiment 10 to Cabin in the Woods (more relating to the latter parts of the film).

The Passing to any sort of film about death or the paranormal.

Get a completely new maze to replace Curse.

A few tweaks here and there and it's sorted. Would be interesting to see.