Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

I actually loved that walkthrough at chessington... I found parts more jumpy/scary (not gory though obviously) than the mazes in thorpe due to it being a walk through and being told a story and getting into it, and the slightest thing made the whole group jump! I'm not sure if something of that style is suited to thorpe though as it seems they are pushing families away for this event, and wouldn't want to invite families in if there is going to roaming actors in the evening/night etc. - chessington is for families that time of year, not thorpe! although possibly have an evident less scary maze to get older (when I say older, I mean young adults and adults haha) people who may be scared to go in and get a feel what they are like?

shame they don't go into the dead of the night

Scare tour 12 year synopsis- 2003

Over at the 4D cinema, the park experimented with the Horror Movie Bites show, which showed iconic clips from classic horror movies. This was a very lacklustre show with the only great effect coming when the film “broke down” during Texas Chainsaw Massacre and an actor dressed as Leatherface came out brandishing a chainsaw!

So there are already connections with Texas chainsaw!

And I also think there'll be something linked to the swarm. Don't really want there to e but who know they could make it scary somehow. The reason I think this is because on one of the Saturday secrets posts on scareTOUR's Facebook page, they said ' where will you get on your bike to escape the monsters'? This is clearly a tease as to something to do with the swarm; the trailer featured people on bikes trying to escape the monsters in the sky and being taking off their bikes.. I'd prefer another maze tbh, as this probably won't work really and I don't know how they'll make it really scary.. I wouldn't have thought this but this tease is a perfect fit to the swarm and this clearly is what the post tease was about

I think if they did use the swarm for a maze they could use the events building. Create scenes similar to that in the film Cloverfield, where the army are taking people in and getting rid of the infected, maybe theyve caught one of the monsters and stripped it of the armour, and it breaks free or something. I dunno, but it could work so long as its pulled off well enough and all the actors stick to the same story. Ive always had problems with Saw: Alive because none of the actors seem to be on the same page, and even when the big bosses were confronted they assured me 'all the actors were fully trained and understand the characters they are given' which from those been it, will have found they didnt.

On another note, my mum works with someone who worked as a scareactor in previous years and they enlightened me to the process they had to go through to get the position. The interviers asked them to be creative and come up with something (a prop) using the few items infront of them. The actor in question made a sword out of paper, which apparently the interviewers were very curious about, and the actor went on to work at the event. Shows that thorpe really paid attention to the 'scare' part of 'scareactor'. Ahh well, hopefully this year will be different and they let the professionals show them hows its done.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

- Guys, they are not making this event for families. There will be no mazes for families.

What makes you so sure of that, they are making (or at least marketing) the park for families, why on earth would they exclude this event from that vision? I wouldn't be at all surprised to find at least one 'lesser' thrill within the fightnight attraction line up, in fact I'll be quite shocked if there is not. My money is still on a CCR ghost train, based on nothing more than logic.

What makes you so sure of that, they are making (or at least marketing) the park for families, why on earth would they exclude this event from that vision? I wouldn't be at all surprised to find at least one 'lesser' thrill within the fightnight attraction line up, in fact I'll be quite shocked if there is not. My money is still on a CCR ghost train, based on nothing more than logic.

CCR ghost train would be awesome, and it would be nice to see the return of CCR an hopefully have it running again for the 2014 season(maybe the farm could come back please thorpe?!)

However, I really don't think even if there is a maze for families I doubt any will turn up:

1. Roaming actors- kids will be scared to death of them.

2. I don't think this appeals to families; 'The UK's most chilling Halloween event.' And 'Are you ready for the next level of fear this Halloween?.

I think the families will be sticking to chessington.

Also, It does say 'late night attractions are not suitable for under 12s'. Another reason why I don't think families will turn up.

CCR ghost train would be awesome, and it would be nice to see the return of CCR an hopefully have it running again for the 2014 season(maybe the farm could come back please thorpe?!)

However, I really don't think even if there is a maze for families I doubt any will turn up:

1. Roaming actors- kids will be scared to death of them.

2. I don't think this appeals to families; 'The UK's most chilling Halloween event.' And 'Are you ready for the next level of fear this Halloween?.

Also, It does say 'late night attractions are not suitable for under 12s'. Another reason why I don't think families will turn up.

Farm animals have been sold/donated to other places so very unlikely but surely a ghost train would be a good idea as the train moves slow and actors could get close without h/s issues.

Sorry if not clear, I did mean families with slightly older children. Just because children are over 12 doesn't mean they are no longer a family. I mean family in the same sense as the park have done with their advertising - children who are still big enough to ride the big rides. I don't imagine we'll see anything like hocus pocus story time, or whatever it is called, but at least one maze which is 'fun' scary more than 'dark' scary, if you know what I mean.

Sorry if not clear, I did mean families with slightly older children. Just because children are over 12 doesn't mean they are no longer a family. I mean family in the same sense as the park have done with their advertising - children who are still big enough to ride the big rides. I don't imagine we'll see anything like hocus pocus story time, or whatever it is called, but at least one maze which is 'fun' scary more than 'dark' scary, if you know what I mean.

Like the comedy maze at HHN?

Sorry misunderstood, that would be a good idea :)

Like the comedy maze at HHN?

Maybe not quite that obvious, but yes, that sort of idea. Maybe more like (from what I hear, not done it myself) the Vampire maze at Chessington, which I'm told is fun scary with a decent narrative, not YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE scary. As for the roaming actors they used to have these at Chessington, all sorts of terrifying things (the best of which were huge stilted three legged things which would chase people for ages), a skilled actor knows their target and how to chose them. Older families would be fine with that sort of thing.