Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

I like that people seem to think I had a negative opinion on Deja Vu... Lol people are silly...

All the GIBs are unreliable, Madrid's is well known for barely running, not sure if there's been any vast improvement with the newer trains... Thorpe don't need something well known for being unreliable, regardless of how good the ride experience is (which is actually the majority opinion and my own, FACT)...

I did read that it had breakdown issues but wasn't aware it was quite as bad as it clearly is. I never got to ride one myself so suggested it more to the fact I hadn't been on one and the U.K didn't have one. The first time I saw it was on channel 5s' Scream Extreme and thought it looked pretty good. If it is as bad as is being said then its probably not a good idea, especially going by what has happened to Slammer.

I've been on a good few Boomerang Coasters across the world (mainly Canada and America) over the past 10 or so years. As far as I'm concerned, none of them were overly impressive or even particularly enjoyable. Merlin seems to be fond of building a coaster every 3 or so years, but making it very large (in relative scale). Most of the American parks install a smaller coaster almost every year, but they are often rather lacking in comparison to larger coasters. I just can't see a Boomerang Coaster as the "Large Development", if one was proposed as the Medium or Small development, then I wouldn't be against the proposal but the coasters are frankly rather small and lacking compared to the likes of Colossus, The Smiler and (either) Nemesis.

On the new website they now don't seem to just mention stealths 0-80 mph in 1.9s and now bill it as going 0-205ft in 2 secs to stear away from the launch hype.. They wouldn't want to say how Stealth is the fastest accelerating coaster as it could weaken the public views over a possible new launch coaster hopefully a Mack LSM one. ;)

Starry Sky Ripper is practically the king of all flyers. Keep your Tastus and your Mantas.

On a separate note, I'm smugly comfortable with the thought that even Merlin wouldn't dare go for those ugly-as-sin RMC hybrids. Something about it just reeks 'America' and it's 'Bigger is better' attitude to everything, and they would stick out in a UK park like, pun intended, a festered splinter.

I'm still of the group that thinks a Flyer is desirable, a Mack is possible, and a Woodie is plausible. I imagine Thorpe would want to have all angles of the market covered now that they've exhausted much of the steel coaster possibilities. That said, it will be very interesting how Merlin and Thorpe will respond to the newly-confirmed Paramount Park. Since it will have at least one (suspected two) wooden coasters itself and looks to be the first sizeable rival Merlin have ever faced in the UK theme park industry since the monopoly began, the way they respond I.e. - the rides they build, and the facilities (hotel, food etc.) they offer, the experiences they give their guests will be crucial for the next five years+. They won't be able to continue functioning with the work ethic and lack of entertainment diversity they currently are when Paramount Park's preliminary plans already foresee them filling holes that Thorpe simple hasn't (dark rides, actual resort site, massive permanent hotel, leisure complex, wooden coaster, buckets of theming and so on).

I'm still of the group that thinks a Flyer is desirable, a Mack is possible, and a Woodie is plausible. I imagine Thorpe would want to have all angles of the market covered now that they've exhausted much of the steel coaster possibilities. That said, it will be very interesting how Merlin and Thorpe will respond to the newly-confirmed Paramount Park. Since it will have at least one (suspected two) wooden coasters itself and looks to be the first sizeable rival Merlin have ever faced in the UK theme park industry since the monopoly began, the way they respond I.e. - the rides they build, and the facilities (hotel, food etc.) they offer, the experiences they give their guests will be crucial for the next five years+. They won't be able to continue functioning with the work ethic and lack of entertainment diversity they currently are when Paramount Park's preliminary plans already foresee them filling holes that Thorpe simple hasn't (dark rides, actual resort site, massive permanent hotel, leisure complex, wooden coaster, buckets of theming and so on).

Given that Merlin will now try and try the crowds in more than ever, they'll probably want something superlative and outrageous desperate in its claim to World's/Europe's/UK's/London's first whatever. If it's a Mack it'll have to be tarted up in some stupid way that'll appeal to the masses.

However, I really don't think for a second Thorpe will get a B&M hyper. Even without a raised height ceiling, it'll just make all other rides look small and pointless as it'll have to encircle the majority of the park to even fit one in.

However, I really don't think for a second Thorpe will get a B&M hyper. Even without a raised height ceiling, it'll just make all other rides look small and pointless as it'll have to encircle the majority of the park to even fit one in.

That's not really a fair comment - Shambhala doesn't make Khan look small and pointless (based off pictures anyway), and PMBO at Blackpool circles a lot of coasters but doesn't make them look any smaller.

^ I agree. What's the point in having a launch coaster with a top hat if there's a ride just across the way which is taller, longer, and possibly faster. Just the launch.

It's like you don't see TTD or Kingda getting any taller neighbours any time soon, and even smaller top hats like zaturn or xcellorator are still the highest points of the park.

By seeing this, and suspecting that due to Stealth's height and launch, I doubt we'll get any launch/tall/major thrill coasters with the next rollercoaster installment. It will probably be family orientated, or a bit tame compared to the likes of nemesis inferno and Colossus.

Thorpe now have

a good range of flat rides,

several inverting rollercoasters,

a launched, tall coaster.

If you look at all these, it screams 'Hell yeah, if you love rollercoasters, come buy a tent and live here!!'

But if you are a fairly young family, you'd be going to other parks like legoland or chessington.

They need a ride like those at chessington, to sort of finish off the look.

'Hell yeah, we can accomidate g-force junkies, and the rest of the family can have fun too!'

Or atleast that's the way I see it.