Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

Why does everyone suggest that all future rides should have some link to Swarm?

Because themed areas?!

As much as I'd like to see more Swarm-related attractions, I think it'd be very difficult to pull off unless they kept with a very similar theme of 'ALIENS ARE ATTACKING TAKE REFUGE'.  And at this time, I'd want to see something different; certainly a big attraction that's a lot more upbeat.  One day maybe, but not any time soon..

A bridge has been put on the swarms island connecting to the island behind stealth could this be the start of construction.

The bridge that connects Swarm's island to the main island of the park was one of the later things done during Swarm's construction I think, so I wouldn't necessarily see this as an early sign of construction of a major ride on the island.

I hope the theme of the next attraction isn't all doom and gloom! As much as I love the theming on rides like Thirteen, I'm getting a bit sick of Merlin's themes of horrible disasters.

^We're British...

Next year I'd like to see something to add to the Swarm island or Saw island (possible retheme of samurai???)

But we are quite negative when we come to themes....

• The Swarm- Alien Apocalypse
  • Saw- Torture horror movie
  • Stealth- set in a devastated area caused by a tidal wave
  • Colossus- abandoned Atlantian/Aztec city
  • Nemesis Inferno- Possible Nemesis, and volcanos destroy things as well

Stealth- set in a devastated area caused by a tidal wave

Stealth isn't actually part of the same story as Tidal Wave - I think it's meant to be some sort of prelude to Tidal Wave...when it was more happy and peaceful! Storm Surge takes place AFTER the wave, seeing it's (apparently) themed around a fairground ride using the floodwater from the wave. :)

Could we maybe see a Woodie Hybrid? They seem to fit the profile of Thorpe well...

I would rather a 'proper' woodie myself, but yeah, certainly wouldn't be upset with a hybrid and it is obviously marketable as UK first without having to waste effort and budget on a gimmick. 

If Thorpe are sticking with the family focus though I doubt we'll be seeing inversions, and there's no point in a hybrid without them really. 

RMC, GG or other, I don't care what coaster type as long as it's a woodie in my books. The U.K. needs another woodie so badly seeing it's nearly 20 years since the last one.

Despite Blackpool & Oakwood being the only parks I've done with woodies, I've already pretty much ridden all the uk woodies with only 3 left to do (one which won't happen any time soon due to the location being highly restrictive on adults without kids) which goes to show how the uk is somewhat lacking in wooden coasters (although we'll hopefully see at least another 2 when Dream Land Reopens).

Think its a shame to think places all over the states, Europe and even Ireland are getting these impressive machines yet over here we've actually lost some woodies with Pleasureland Cyclone, Frontiers Woodie and Rotunda's Runaway among others being demolished without trace over the last 15 years.

Merlin here aren't overly convinced on adding one because they're so hot on marketing and profit. The only slightest if hope of the U.K. getting another woodie if Merlin don't give in or a new park opens is Oakwood, Drayton and Flamingo at the most. Don't think Paultons have the space or funds and there's no chance on Lightwater who are greatly struggling ATM.

Would just be great having a woodie just down the road half an hour away instead of travelling 4/5 hours to experience one.

Merlin is slowly converting and warming to the idea of a woodie/hybrid we wont see one for a few years but I reckon we will see a new one in a merlin park within 15 years. There is still one unclaimed woodie for the UK so either plans have changed or a certain park is keeping quiet. 

Bit confused as to what you mean here?  Have I missed some news or something?

I cant remember where but a fairly releabile source stated that within the next 5 years 3 woodies/hybrids were to be made in the uk. 2 have been claimed the 3rd still hasnt been. That doesnt mean one is to come just there is a small posiblity of one. Plans chnage and it could just be that the source wasnt fully correct.

I cant remember where but a fairly releabile source stated that within the next 5 years 3 woodies/hybrids were to be made in the uk. 2 have been claimed the 3rd still hasnt been. That doesnt mean one is to come just there is a small posiblity of one. Plans chnage and it could just be that the source wasnt fully correct.

Not convinced, sorry.