Zufari

I think when some of the planting grows in it will look a lot better, it will make it feel permanent and complete even if it isn't strictly realistic. It will help it feel like a viewing of a natural place rather than a disconnected drive round fairly standard zoo enclosures. It doesn't feel like you are part of an adventure at the moment, more like something you are viewing from elsewhere and I'm sure the growth will help that.

There's a lot more fundamental problems with the ride than the planting though. I'm intrigued to see if any meaningful improvements are made, I doubt they will as I'm sure the feedback will just slip into the 'good enough' category. Who needs excellence eh?

• 1 month later...

Or, and this is extreme thinking I know, just rearrange the seating blocks and some other minor expense bits of theming to a zig zag (ie cattlepen) formation so the preshow was viewed while shuffling through. Now it seems you have a choice of watching the show while everyone jumps you, or walk straight though and miss it.

It makes no sense at all.

I'd like for the pre-show building to have a cattlepen installed, with space for theming. Then use the pre-show screen to show the animals on the ride, to give you something to look at whilst in the queue. The first half of the original pre-show (the Chase part) would play every two mins or so, in order to not loose the story, but ditching the cringe worthy lemur. This would decrease running costs (not having to pay staff for the voice over) and probably improve guest experience.

I think they have got it half right. What would have been better was a walking cattlepen inside the building with Chase Van Driver telling you about Zufari, what to expect and then have pictures of the animals you would see today

Yes, something more liek Willy Wonka's introduction in Charlie & Chocolate Factory at Alton Towers. the queue snakes in front of the screen several times and you usually get to see the whole video twice. Zufari would be better with just Chase and some animals and a hint at the mysterious cave and get rid of Gozi.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Zufari today and I have to say it worked for me. Missed the Gonzi thing, got Chase Van Driver, queues inside for a short time. in total the queue was only 15 mins. got to see lots of animals and the effects were working well.

I have to second that I feel it works, but based on what you're experience was it completely confused me as to what it's purpose is.

When we queued, it just showed the logo on the screen for ages, and then suddenly that annoying Lemur came up and tried to interact with the kids, encouraging the kids to be let through and stand in the big space until the adults caught up; and trying to be interactive (still the staff member behind a screen). At first, I thought it was just a way to run it how they wanted to - pre-show when it's busy, no pre-show when it's not; but clearly that isn't the case. I do agree though I think that a normal cattle pen and a generic video would work better; although equally I would like to see the wood and rope queue line continued if they went down that route eventually.

Also, don't know if you noticed it BBJ, but when I went on the driver parked ridiculously close to the rockery in the cave; resulting in us all getting a real soaking which I wasn't too pleased about. The car had puddles in it when we boarded, so we sat in a small flood throughout it which wasn't pleasant, and getting off, I felt like I'd been on Valhalla in Blackpool. It truly threw water in, giving everyone a spray; and giving poor unlucky mugs like me who were sat on the end left a real soaking as the wave literally came into the jeep...

• 1 year later...