Thorpe Park Trip Reports

It's insane! If I wasn't so lazy, I'd work out how many rides that is an hour :P

Its about 10.29 rides an hour as I think opening was 10am til 5pm so that is 7 hours, 72 divided by 7 is 10.29 (2dp) I is a nerd haha :P

Assuming he was there all day; about 8.5 rides an hour ;) (9:30am-6pm. Thorpe doesn't close at 5 on weekends!)

I too visited Thorpe on Sunday. The park at times was very quite with queues under 20mins then walk on & stay on.

Few notes I'll put down, (Won't bore ya with rode this and did that etc)

1. Park Opening, arrived early. Annual Pass holders let in early before day tickets. Heard this trialling atm, anyone know for how long?
  2. Finding somewhere healthy to bite, today didn't want kfc,Bk etc so spent awhile looking but couldnt find anything. So tryed Mexican Cantina (yeah not healthy), for what you get very average.
  3. Taking train off hr+ before park closing. Arrived to Inferno which was running 2 train. Had a ride, then they decided to take a train off, queue builted up. WHY! - Swarm&Stealth walk on were both running 2 trains :glare: (dose my head in)
  4. Colossus running one train
  5. X had lots of fog :good:
  6. Inferno mist wasnt on (Worked Wednesday)
  7. The vests on Swarm were starting to pee me off getting tighter throughout. Out of the many rides I had about 4 were fine.

Oh and theres GUM on the vest (Train2/Row5/Left Side)

8. In the morning had to wait for Saw to reopen after adding another car, to get a awful rough one.
  9. Had whole of Swarm byself till everyone arrived

With the ridecount I got. Definitely had one of the best visits on park for awhile ^_^

Ridecount:

Inferno 31

Swarm 30 (3 Front Row & 1Backwards)

Stealth 6

Saw 1

Detonator 1

Loggers 1

Total 74 :P

Holy moly - great ride count there!! I love love love the Swarm but there is no way on Earth I could do it 30 times without passing out or being ill!

Shame that you got a rough car on Saw - it's odd how you can have a relatively smooth ride on Saw or, if you have a rough car - leave with a headache that feels like you have been banging your head against a wall consistently for 8 hours.

No Storm Surge there I noticed - that is the best ride and totally worth queuing up to 3 hours for :lol:

I went to Thorpe on Tuesday and was a little shaky about going because I never really go in the holidays much as I always imagined it to be busy. But it really surprised me to see that the queue times were really low...

At midday we went to Colossus, expecting it to have a 60 minute queue but it was only a 5 minute wait!

Mind you, even with all the short queues inside the park, it took us 2 hours to get our annual passes from the building!

Quick ride count for the day:

Stealth x2

Nemesis x2

Colossus x2 (surprisingly smooth)

Saw x1 (really rough, way more so than Colossus)

Swarm x1

Rush x1

Loggers x3

Storm surge x1 <_<

Samurai x1

Overall a really good day, considering it was in the holidays and we missed the first 2 hours of the park opening! :)

Me and Mum went yesterday, mainly to pick up our new AP's, but also for a bit of a birthday treat. Got to the park, and knew it was going to be busy, and we were'nt wrong. Aftetr queueing for about half an hour for the new passes, we headed straight to Swarm, to find out someone had covered it in a pavement pizza, so they were only loading one train and giving the other a spin dry. Eventually we made it to the station and got a front row. Fire was going off every 3 trains or so.

Mum then brought me a beer in the Dome and then headed down to X, yes, I LOVE this ride now, did 2 on there, then headed to Inferno, where the mist was really thick, never seen that tunnel look so good and both geysers working in the pond under the loop.

Next over to Stealth, and the queue was minimal, but still only decided to do the one. Did a last ride on Swarm, where I got a birthday hug off a Swiss girl in the queue, and headed home about 3ish.

Not many rides, but still had a good day :)

Good trip today. Fairly busy but have to say operations on all the coasters were good leading to queues moving faster than usual. Swarm in particular was run exceptionally well (minus the bagging area exit) and the train dispatched majority of the time before the other train even hit the brakes resulting in it crawling up the lift hill at a slow speed until about 3/4s of the way up.

Zodiac and Slammer (didn't see it testing) closed all day and Rush closed in morning and had restraint problems around 5:45.

Still no Saw queueline music. Thought I heard someone say it was fixed at start of season???

Good trip today. Fairly busy but have to say operations on all the coasters were good leading to queues moving faster than usual. Swarm in particular was run exceptionally well (minus the bagging area exit) and the train dispatched majority of the time before the other train even hit the brakes resulting in it crawling up the lift hill at a slow speed until about 3/4s of the way up.

Zodiac and Slammer (didn't see it testing) closed all day and Rush closed in morning and had restraint problems around 5:45.

Still no Saw queueline music. Thought I heard someone say it was fixed at start of season???

Don't think the Saw music was fixed, I think people were just saying that the car was back?

Never really known Zodiac to have problems? It had problems at the start of this season so not good to hear that it's still having problems.

Good that operations have improved, has Colossus finally got it's second train back?

^Yes, Colossus thankfully has had it's second train back for about a week now! In fact when I visited last Wednesday thanks to the second train and some decent operations Colossus actually was dispatching faster than Inferno. Colossus was walk on whilst Inferno was 45mins and Saw was 60mins. Inferno staff have been *terrible* so far this year in my experience...

^Yes, Colossus thankfully has had it's second train back for about a week now! In fact when I visited last Wednesday thanks to the second train and some decent operations Colossus actually was dispatching faster than Inferno. Colossus was walk on whilst Inferno was 45mins and Saw was 60mins. Inferno staff have been *terrible* so far this year in my experience...

Yeah they aren't very good. They riled me up a few weeks ago by removing the second train about an hour before park close. What's the point?

Inferno staff have been *terrible* so far this year in my experience...

Inferno staff were excellent yesterday in terms of dispatching speed (well in the afternoon). Most trains were sent literally as the other train was pulling into the brake run. My train went straight through. But I did see three trains in a row get dispatched with at least four empty seats.

Hey all, been a while since I've been on here but I thought I'd drop my thoughts on my recent visit (6th/7th April).

Booked this trip back through the Thorpe Breaks in January while slightly tipsy not really thinking about the logistics of it, but for 2 days in the park and a night in the (decent) Hilton Bracknell, I wasn't arguing with the low £95 price tag for my girlfriend and I combined.

We spent a lot of time chilling out in honesty, the park was pretty empty because of slight occasional rain.

Right, memorable points.

-I actually got on Saw, 4 times. I dunno if anyone would remember but last time I was here I mentioned being terrified of vertical drops. Got that one nailed now - the reason I don't want to go on it now is the pain rather than fear, seriously. Ouch. But I love the Saw films and what theming there is to do with it so that was cool. Disappointed in the TV screens at the bottom of the lift not working though, and the crossbows were... lame.

-X. Lost count of the amount of times we rode this, first time we'd been up since the retheme, and the light 'tunnel' up the lift hill was awesome.

-Fish, because Fish.

-Inferno. The mist was working for the first time in my experience and was awesome. Several times we went on however, they kept releasing and relocking the restraints. Generally moving pretty quick though, was on 2 trains the whole time.

-Colossus... just the once. 1 train running the whole time. It hurts me.

-Slammer... was broken. Saw it testing once on the Monday with the dummies.

-Angry Birds - couldn't see any traces, I see that's all just coming in now.

And finally...

-Swarm. Oh Swarm. Forgot how much I love this coaster. The lack of queues on the Monday meant several rides without getting off (not great straight after lunch but still). That was a lot of fun.

Just a simple (albeit rubbish) ridecount from Sunday:

My friend got fed up after about 4pm as the weather was dire so we went home.
(Not my decision!)

The Swarm x2

Saw x2

X x2

Stealth x1

Nemesis Inferno x1

Detonator x1

Rumba Rapids x1

Braniac Live x1

I thought that Braniac Live was a fantastic show, full of laughs and enough to keep the audience entertained. Very impressive!

EDIT: I'll add my ridecount in from today (Sunday 27th April) as it's nothing to write home about:

The Swarm x3

Stealth x2

Saw: The Ride x1
X x1
Detonator x1

Rush x1

Vortex x1 (Running very well!)

I was only in the park from 10:30am - 2pm so it wasn't going to be great.

Arrived today to find the car park with only half a row filling up, so knew it was going to be a good one! Used a birthday voucher so my cousin got in for a tenner, and we wen't straight in through the annual pass entrance about ten to, and managed a forwards & backwards ride on the swarm before the rest of the guests were allowed in at 10; not that the ERT was really needed, as even though all the coasters (besides saw obviously :P) were on one train, they were still less than 10 minutes pretty much all day, and walk on at times, so I thought the ride count was pretty impressive...

The Swarm x4 (both sides, front & back)

Stealth & X x3 (front x1, back x2)

Vortex x3

Saw, Nemesis Inferno & Colossus x2 (front x1, back x1)

Rush & Samurai x2

Flying Fish x1 (back row)

Detonator, Loggers Leap, Rumba Rapids & Quantum x1

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Thorpe Park yesterday as a late birthday celebration for her. It turned out to be a great decision! After a slight detour through Chertsey and Staines (thanks Google Maps!), we made it to the car park for 9:45. I was really shocked to find I was parked in the first row of parking as there was literally 12 other cars there! The ticket booths opened, we bought our tickets (with a 2-4-1) and headed into the park. It was and remained really quiet all day! We even managed 4 successive rides on Colossus before our stomachs told us not to do it anymore. Our hopes of riding SAW more than once was soon put to bed by someone who thought going on it after lunch would be an amazing idea!

Ride Count -

Swarm - 7 (2 backwards)
Stealth - 1

Nemesis Inferno - 1

Colossus - 4

Flying Fish - 1

X - 3

Depth Charge - 3

Saw - 1

Rumba Rapids - 1

Total - 22

Yes indeed, visited two weeks ago and it was walk on most rides all day, and yet again on my visit yesterday...

Stealth x4 (front x1, back x2)

Saw x3 (front x1, back x2)

The Swarm x2 (front x2)

Nemesis Inferno x2 (front x1, back x1)

Colossus x2 (Biggest queue of the day, about 30 mins queuing for front row - ridiculous on one train, but front row is worth it!)

X x2 (back x1, now I feel getting the back is so important on this ride, as after the first block/hill section mid ride, you get pulled out of your seat on the drop that follows!)

Rush x3 (getting a re-ride without having to get off is certainly the way it should be :P)

Depth Charge, Vortex, Detonator x2

Loggers Leap, Rumba Rapids x1

only downside of being quiet, couldn't get on samurai this time as it requires minimum of 15 to go on it, and there was no one else around going on it at several points in the day!

It was a pretty chilled day to be fair, and didn't feel like we were rushing around, but getting two consecutive goes on detonator and rush, just make me realise how great quiet days are, with a total ride count of 27... sometimes you're glad for queues for a little break (not 30min+ queues obviously aha) :)

I can only reiterate what's been said about Thorpe on quiet days. It's fantastic! Especially when every ride is running on full capacity (no complaints here! :P ) There was a Merlin Entertainments Annual General Meeting going on with all the managers seemingly on park and a lot of people in suits (shareholders maybe?) so maybe that's why the park was at its best.

Everything was running apart from Slammer (which did rise at one point, stopped for a few minutes then lowered before flipping). Swarm's fire was initially set to go off every time this morning but then it was turned off late afternoon (or whatever causes it to stop). Inferno tried to kill a pigeon and did quite well, Rush was on a great cycle as was Vortex and Samurai.

Ride count:

Inferno: 7

Swarm: 3

Stealth: 2

Colossus: 1

Saw: 2

X: 2

Detonator: 3

Loggers, Rocky, Quantum, Zodiac, Vortex, Rush, Rumba, Depth Charge, Fish, Samurai: 1

So 30 rides for 6 hours in the park. Very impressed with that!

One thing regarding car parking, if people don't want to queue to leave then use all 4 of the barriers! Not just the middle 2!

~As the weather forecast was so good, I put the replacement of shed roof felt on the waiting list and attended Thorpe Park....

The team on Stealth were mostly new, so the loading was slow and the queue kept around the 25 minute mark most of the day.
Colossus I consider is running nice and smoothly and had virtual walk-on queuing .
Saw, well, it had a "ten" minute queue shown on the board, the announcer said "thirty"; I got to the loading in ten minutes, then it broke down for .....
twenty minutes, so the announcer was right.
Nemesis Inferno was running well, queued for no longer than ten minutes.
Rush, still swing A (nearest the control hut) has the over ninety degree swing, but the whole cycle just seems short.
Vortex was really swinging well.
Angry Bird-Land is coming on and with twenty-five gleaming red and green dodgems just waiting for hoards of people to try and smash them to bits.
A nice day, with a good overall ride count. I.e.

Stealth 29

Saw 3

Colossus 5

Rush 1

Vortex 1

Nemesis Inferno 2

Total rides 41 - a very good day.