Your Plans for 2014

Thought this was an interesting topic last year, so may as well do another one this year! So, what are your theme-park related plans for 2014?

For me, there's chances of hitting up a couple of new UK parks. After not managing to fit a trip to Drayton Manor last year due to breaking my ankle, I'm very hopeful of getting my first trip in this year around summer-time. I'm hoping to make it to TPM's Oakwood trip this year as well, depending on dates and what exactly I'm up to during summer work-wise. There's also a slight possibility that I'll be making it to Adventure Island as well, though no idea with that one. Then, of course, a fair few visits to Thorpe, a couple to Alton, once or twice to Chessie and maybe once to Legoland.

2015 or 2016 is the aim for me to hit up a few of the big-name European parks. Realistically, I'll probably visit Germany and one other country, but those decisions will come nearer the time...

Edited by JoshC.

Well my aim is to do the majority, if not all the Merlin parks. The Adventure Island thing for me is looking less and less likely now so Hopefully I will be going to Alton Feb half term to Whore Nemesis. I will definately be going to the oakwood meet but if it doesn't go ahead, I will host a mini trip like last year which was well recieved by the 6 people who went. Blackpool intrigues me as blackpool doesn't look very exciting at all but I really want to try out the woodies being a woodie man myself.

If anything abroad is concerned maybe Heide for me Bday which would be in like the october half term, maybe europa but I'm really not sure about that at the moment. but year hopefully I will be a tad more travelled this year haha.

So definate:

Alton Towers

Chessington

Thorpe Park

Oakwood

BPB

Maybe:

Heide

Legoland

Paultons

Unlikely but I will try:

Europa

The plans are:

- Efteling

- Small French Parks (Parc St Paul, Walygator & Nigloland)

- Madrid (Parque Warner & Parque d'Attractiones)

- Sweden/Norway (Tusenfryd, Liseberg, Skara Sommerland & Grona Park)

- Germany Road-Trip (Hansa Park, Heide Park, Movie Park, Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Legoland, Tripsdrill, Nurburgring & Europa)

And there will probably be more... If all goes to plan there might well be a jaunt to Indiana involved (which is next door to Ohio)... The latter half of the year is pretty open though... I would imagine some form of Halloween trip will appear a la Belgium last year...

Hopefully this season will be one where I go to less smaller parks and try and get to Alton,Thorpe and my first meet this season seeming its something I've been wanting to do for a while. Fingers crossed for my first fright nights this year as well so it could be a very good and promising season.

Definitely:

Thorpe Park

Pleasurewood Hills

Adventure Island

Maybe:

Alton Towers

Pleasure Beach Blackpool

Chessington

Unlikely at the moment:

Legoland

Oakwood

Drayton Manor

Benin, you are a constant source of jealousy! I can't imagine how on earth you afford all these trips.

2014 for me is EMPTY thus far! Probably won't get round to going to Thorpe. Very keen to get to Blackpool this year but only if I manage to buy a car at some point.

Me and partner have agreed unofficially that if we can afford a holiday this summer it will involve Europa Park, and Madrid is another place we'll certainly be going to soon, in which case I'll get to Parque Warner.

We have also agreed to make a trip to Orlando so it's possible that, job depending, I will be focused on saving for that for a potential 2015 or 2016 visit. We both love Disney so will also head back to Paris to get on Ratatouille at some point. Oh, and finally, if PortAventura offers deals a cheap as last year it will snap them up (whether I can afford to or not!).

with my new merlin pass... thorpe, alton towers and chessington several times is a must, hopefully summer nights (at thorpe park) halloween events and especially fireworks (at alton towers - best theme park day of 2013 by far)!

drayton manor fireworks were really good so would like to go back for that... and should be visiting the area for a weekend in may so will make a trip or two then. :)

wouldn't mind going back to oakwood, although the after dark event was really good, just found it far too busy, so would hopefully like to try a normal weekday (if it's open).

I was hoping to go 2013, but never had the time (or friends with funds) to get round to it - and that's flamingoland... never been but looks a really great park - though a 4 and a half hour journey not so great.

was supposed to be going disneyland paris last month, but the trip got cancelled by thomas cook - so wouldn't rule out trying to get there this year as I have never been, and need my disney fix if I can't go florida!

So many other smaller parks in the UK with some really cool looking rides would love to visit, but just seem too damn far to warrant going, like pleasurewood hills, lightwater valley & fantasy island!

doubt for 2014, or even if I'd ever go... but realistically would love to go back to florida sometime in the not so distant future (once back in 2005 definitely is not enough). port aventura is one I've never been and would love to go especially as it's set in a tourist resort with other waterparks etc. would like to go back to benidorm to go to terra mitica - used to go pretty much every year, but haven't managed to go since 2011 (and then 2008 before that)! after reading these topics and seeing new rides and developments, would also (and keeping it realistically) would love to visit gardaland, heide park & europa park! I've ended up going to turkey for the last 4 years as it's so cheap (but it only has a few small waterparks - nothing special), as the euro is so dear doesn't seem likely I'll get to any of these! :/

Only things that I have confirmed so far is Disneyland Paris in two weeks and a two week trip to California in May. I'm sure something else may happen like a trip to Gothernberg though.

As for the UK, it's such slim pickings this year. Will probably use my Annual Pass until June and then not renew.

Benin, you are a constant source of jealousy! I can't imagine how on earth you afford all these trips.

Most of my trips aren't that expensive on a per person basis usually (Germany being 2 weeks and a load of parks plus Europa's hotel is looking to be about a £1000 each as an example)... A long weekend at Efteling (again at the park hotel) is looking to be around £450 odd...

Stay off site and go with Ryanair and most of my trips are even cheaper than that... It's not often a monetary issue (in a sense, obviously it IS required, but not often in excessive terms depending on mostly your own level of comfort, you'll never see me getting on a RyanAir flight and I have stayed at some low budget places, Mark9 and Holly will back me up on Denmark based times), but more of a wanting to get out there and see other parks... Of course having a full time decent wage job and minimal commitments helps a lot...

I'll be paying about £350-400 for a long weekend in Sweden... Whilst that is with a group of enthusiasts rather than a personal trip (which would probs be slightly more because of culture times), it shows these trips can be done on the cheap if you so wish... Just gotta look for the best deals and not care about staying in a crappy hotel...

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good year of European Parks in 2013 (Parque Warner, Parque de Atracciones, Djurs Sommerland, FÃ¥rup Sommerland, Legoland Billund, Port Aventura), so am looking forward to doing the same again this year:

- Heide Park (Flug der Dämonen)

- Liseberg (Helix)

- Disneyland Paris (Ratatouille)

- Nigloland (Alpina Blitz)

And maybe...

- Holiday Park (Unknown Superman Ultimate Flight clone)

- Tripsdrill (Karacho)

UK wise, I'll obviously be at Thorpe, but I might try to get to some of the independent parks given 2014 will be a quieter year for Merlin.

So far, in order of visiting:

February

Alton Towers

March:

DisneyWorld Fl.

Universal Studios Fl.

Seaworld Fl.

Busch Gardens Tampa

Legoland Fl.

Thorpe Park

April onwards

Alton Towers

Thorpe Park

Europa Park

This is taking longer than I thought as I'm trying to extract two splinters from my finger, how did they get there, I've not even been near any wood recently?!

Chessington?

Not sure what else, probably a few others...

Ps got the splinters out, ouch!

The only actually confirmed parks I'm going to are:

DisneyWorld parks

Universal parks (Orlando)

Seaworld

Busch Gardens Tampa

(+ Discovery Cove and Kennedy Space Centre)

There's a high possibility of DLP next month too. Other than that I'm not really sure, of course there will be the odd visit to Thorpe and Alton (possibly Chessie), but I haven't renewed my AP this year as I plan to visit the parks less because I really need to knuckle down for my degree (and save money for Florida :P)

• 2 weeks later...