Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

Was thinking about it. The whole island has been changed to this sort of circus with all the new audios and all that jazz, so I was thinking what if this ride could be a re-brand of the island? I mean we did get a clue about Kenny the clown on the website? Could this mean the island could be changing and this ride could be the beginning of the change?

"The Island is Changing"... So it changed into a circus!

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Konami code is used as a pop culture reference these days.

Many websites, including Facebook and Google have used it in the past to unlock hidden elements.

These Elements have nothing to do with Konami in any way, but that code is burned into the minds of people of my age.

Even GTA uses it as a cheat code.

As said before, the code and the clown have nothing to do with the attraction, I guarantee it.

Also worth noting how Thorpe are now advertising it as a world first (I don't think they have up until now?):

2015-10-080.01946000%2014443245988396167

(From TPG Live)

Be interesting whether this is a "World First *Insert IP here (if there is one)* Attraction" a la I'm a Celeb and AB4D or whether it will be a more substantial thing.

For those of you too lazy to check Facebook for a photo of the WC16 shirts, here's a pic:

140C8E50-FE5A-499B-806E-C87DA4475BC9_zps

I think these are really awesome and I wanted one, but I didn't have enough money :( . It's a good way, I suppose, to raise awareness about the new attraction, though I suppose some of the GP would be confused.The advertising around the park is also becoming more and more noticeable!

I love this one...

12079305_10156218475190624_5689051379173

(TPM facebook)

I think it could be quite telling as well. This being sold as actual ride merchandise rather than just being on posters, suggests it will in fact be very close / identical to the finished articles theme rather than the meaningless things we've seen before on teaser promotions. And this one clearly is designed to give the appearance that the wearer is an automaton. Like the trademark!

It's not difficult to think of a story-line where automatons, being robots and having no soul, 'want minds' from people who may well be us as riders. This feels like a rather promising premise for a ride. Where exactly that leaves any IP I'm not so sure, it doesn't really tie in with anything I can think of off the top of my head.

I love this one...

12079305_10156218475190624_5689051379173

(TPM facebook)

I think it could be quite telling as well. This being sold as actual ride merchandise rather than just being on posters, suggests it will in fact be very close / identical to the finished articles theme rather than the meaningless things we've seen before on teaser promotions. And this one clearly is designed to give the appearance that the wearer is an automaton. Like the trademark!

It's not difficult to think of a story-line where automatons, being robots and having no soul, 'want minds' from people who may well be us as riders. This feels like a rather promising premise for a ride. Where exactly that leaves any IP I'm not so sure, it doesn't really tie in with anything I can think of off the top of my head.

it is only in female sizes though. I quite like that and the large looked like it might wrap my left leg, otherwise I would have bought one.

Good to see!  Clearly they've noted the success of Smiler's advertising campaign and want to build on it.

I'm intrigued to see where they go from here.  Selling some merch is surely an indicator that the the next clue coming towards the end of this month will give some sort of substantial info?

Not necessarily.

the merch is very nonspecific, and will likely remain that way.

I really don't expect a reveal whilst the park is still open for the season.

I have about 6 pieces of episode 7 merch and counting and nobody really knows what that movie is about yet.

what I am saying there is this, we get excited for something and the wallets come out. And we buy.

Thorpe Park are aware of this, so extremely nonspecific wc16 merch has arrived, and we will likely buy it.