Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that some people actually think Thorpe are getting a robo-coaster or trackless ride is truly laughable

If the rumoured high investment costs of this thing hold true, then I don't think a trackless dark ride is outside the realm of possibility to be honest.  I think it's doubtful given we've got an attraction which surely takes place over two floors, but I don't think it's necessarily a laughable option.  

Just looking at the building makes it seem like there's so much structure and so little room for much actual hardware, which throws out so, so many possible ride choices that we know of.  I'm just curious as to what on earth it could be..

What if this is a variant on the tunnel concept, hear me out here, this is pure speculation but could explain why you load on an upper floor.

You are in suspended seats with screens below and to the sides of you.

Not going to lie, but an immersive tunnel isn't going to feel very immersive with a huge piece of equipment above you moving you. Honestly sounds like you're clutching at straws.

Just found this on NLE... tbh I think its a really cool idea, but maybe not for a theme park. Oh and I do realise that its probably 99% fake... xD

It apparently showed up on the minds wanted website for a bit.

You might be interested in this:

I also noticed that Thorpe Park's official page commented on TPC's Alice picture. Of course there's nothing stopping Merlin from trolling themselves.

oieh50.png

Just found this on NLE... tbh I think its a really cool idea, but maybe not for a theme park. Oh and I do realise that its probably 99% fake... xD

It apparently showed up on the minds wanted website for a bit.

I'm pretty sure that in the bottom left corner you can see a (swirl shaped) watermark from a stock image site. I'm no expert so it might not be.