Project WC16 - New for 2016

JoshC.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If WC16 has any relation to the Big Top I'll eat my hat.  

Agree with Tommy that this is likely more Fright Nights advertising than anything else, but just chucking in some code cracking for the sake of keeping WC16 ticking along too.  

Be interesting to see what the third clue is.

Hi guys,

new to the forum, but Ive been reading this all the time since it was announced and just had a thought and that the ride could relate to hypnotism as its asked for minds wanted?

just a thought!

Well firstly welcome to the forums! :D I agree and I think everyone on the forum will too, this does seem to be related to hypnotism :).

Like spoilers for tv shows, I prefer not to know the full story until I walk into the attraction, I deliberately stayed clear of Shrek spoilers and am glad I did because if I'd have known about it in advance, it wouldn't have been so much fun going through the attraction.

Having said that, drip feeding info invariably leads to high expectations, which are rarely fulfilled in reality.

I guess this new clue shows that it won't be based on a IP, which I am happy about. Though, with a connection being made to the Big Top, it wouldn't surprise me if WC16 would be something very much like The Sanctuary and The Smiler as has been said earlier. One thing I remember about one of the videos which was from a VHS tape for the smiler, was of Dr Kelmin talking with a women though you could only hear her. Maybe she will be a part of this attraction.

Like spoilers for tv shows, I prefer not to know the full story until I walk into the attraction, I deliberately stayed clear of Shrek spoilers and am glad I did because if I'd have known about it in advance, it wouldn't have been so much fun going through the attraction.

Having said that, drip feeding info invariably leads to high expectations, which are rarely fulfilled in reality.

Although if we take King Kong at Universal for example, we know that yes it will be a King Kong ride, but we don't know what will happen on the ride. I'm sure with the Shrek attraction that you knew you were going to a Shrek themed place :P

I think I prefer the way Universal and Disney do it if I'm honest, yes it is interesting getting bits of info and secrets every now and again, but I'd rather know from the start what the main theme of the ride will be. That way there's no potential to get over-excited for what may be a disappointing ride theme (Doctor Who rumours may have got people over excited and therefore there will be disappointment. 

I think that countdown must have some extreme significance, maybe a partial announcement.

What I don't think, is that they will chuck all their eggs in one basket and reveal everything.

They need to keep people interested, and whilst yes this is likely to be a let down, the guessing and secrecy is actually fun.

I am still in the "this will have an ip" camp. I don't think Merlin would risk what could very well be their biggest investment, without a surefire hook.

These clues are likely not clues at all, and just a distraction.

I was just wondering what does everyone prefer? A large PR campaign like Thorpe's where the ride is only revealed a few months in advance. Or Disney/Universals stance where the ride theme seems to be released years in advance.

I'm sure both styles of marketing can be effective and good, and both can be done poorly.

I don't find what we have seen so far particularly engaging; partly because what has been put out there are all such disparate nuggets of nothing that there is no opportunity to establish any real coherence of theme, and partly because by previously using every trick in the book inappropriately (compared to what was eventually delivered) anything Merlin has to say about an upcoming attraction has practically no meaning anyway. It's all been guff too many times before; they could be actually building the most 'game changing' super amazing best in the world attraction ever, but no one will be believe them based on previous experience and no one will come, and they'll sit there scratching their heads at why. Like they did last time.

Was thinking about it. The whole island has been changed to this sort of circus with all the new audios and all that jazz, so I was thinking what if this ride could be a re-brand of the island? I mean we did get a clue about Kenny the clown on the website? Could this mean the island could be changing and this ride could be the beginning of the change?