Fright Nights 2016

Graw

10 hours ago, Jack said:

We all have our opinion

Commercial parlor game. Businessman Elijah Bond had the idea to patent a planchette sold with a board on which the alphabet was printed, much like the previously existing talking boards. The patentees filed on May 28, 1890 for patent protection and thus are credited with the invention of the Ouija board.

20 minutes ago, Jack said:

You can't no. Tried it last year for a friend and she ended up having to pay £50 to get in.

Really? I used the £10 voucher last year and it was fine, and I asked if it would be valid this year and they said yes, but if the park is full to capacity then it doesn't guarantee entry.

It might be worth messaging the park's Facebook page as they are usually quick to respond on there.

From Thorpe's Facebook:

FRIGHT NIGHTS 2016 reintroduces BLAIR WITCH: The Maze with reimagined scenes to make this your most horrifying journey into the woods yet. Experience the game-changing horror movies for yourself as you venture deep into the Black Hills Forest to discover the truth behind the legend of the Blair Witch.

Remember: Never spend the night. Never look in her eyes. Never turn away from the corner. There’s something evil hiding in the woods - dare you enter after night fall?

Maze?!  Will it be extensively modified or is this just a marketing phrase?

One original name for Containment was 'Breakout' - since you were locked inside a place with a deadly virus and need to literally "break out".  I guess Containment was decided to be more suitable, since the idea is something is being "contained" and you need to stop it spreading.  Breakout and Outbreak were written on the green and red wristbands respectively given post-maze.

But yeah, Containment is an original idea with no IP tie in; just a coincidence.  Much like how there's a film called 'The Swarm' about an invasion of alien killer bees!

been lurking on this thread the past week enjoying all the updates so I thought id join in! Going to fright nights this year, have been nearly every year for 10 years except last year. As such I haven't done the big top, and I didn't get a chance to go in blair witch when I last went either. Got a few good scares in cabin in the woods though and got to go in a group of 3 which was great fun! Hoping the big top isn't as bad as the curse...that maze was awful.

going on the 8th October, hoping queues won't be ridiculous but it is what it is, I don't know if the derren brown ride will draw more people as well as this new blair witch film. Also going to tulleys this year so will be interesting to compare the two, platform 15 looks promising though as does the sound of more roaming actors so I have higher hopes for this year!

• Marc unpinned this topic