Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Don't see what all the hate is about with th13teen. Literally my favourite merlin ride.

Th13teen is a decent family attraction in itself, but when it was marketed as a "psychoaster" that would have 16+ age restriction, where you had to sign a waiver and could only ride it once a day, some people just can't trust the press releases any more.

Paultons says hi:

Flight_of_the_Pterosaur_construction.jpg

Think it's acceptable for people to moan that the theming just isn't all encompassing, especially given the location of the building in the middle of the park... Yeah most dark rides have bad viewpoints (even Potter), but usually only in one or two spots rather than half of it...

Like I said, it's very Thirteen...

I was going to bring up the exact same point as you did. I'm sure Paultons are on a much more restricted budget than Merlin are as well yet the quality of the theming seems far superior.

With the fact that Merlin's latest developments have majority been a let down in terms of theming and experience, I can only hope that this attraction will truly be a high quality experience. However, considering a smaller park on a much more limited budget can produce what looks to be much more detailed areas and attractions, it's just looking really hard, almost impossible, to think that this attraction will live up to its 40million pound budget.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I was going to bring up the exact same point as you did. I'm sure Paultons are on a much more restricted budget than Merlin are as well yet the quality of the theming seems far superior.

With the fact that Merlin's latest developments have majority been a let down in terms of theming and experience, I can only hope that this attraction will truly be a high quality experience. However, considering a smaller park on a much more limited budget can produce what looks to be much more detailed areas and attractions, it's just looking really hard, almost impossible, to think that this attraction will live up to its 40million pound budget.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I think its hard to judge what Merlin can do here - this is as far as I can think Merlins first big budget dark ride, the theming what we've seen so far looks good and of course the majority of it will be within the building. 

Shrek? SubSpecies? Even Celeb had some good set work in it!

This is not only Merlin's first big budget dark ride... but it's Merlin's first big budget attraction.  We must remember the new Dungeon cost £25M... this is costing £40M. 

I believe Dynamic Attractions retweet several articles and announcements about several attractions, some of which they have nothing to do with.

It could be an indicaton that Dynamic ate involved, or just shows how exciting this actually could be within the theme park industry. Either I'd be happy with to be honest.

^ I think the transporter would be a really nice introduction to the ride as it could easily replicate a train. It's also one of DA's cheapest attractions.

What most excites me is the different aspects of the rides. I'm imagining leaving the VR and then entering a maze. Then entering another section and so on. What I'm not looking forward to is the actors who will usher you from section to section.

If you're referring to Immersion tunnels... the SimWorx immersion tunnels I've done are fine; they do the job well and provide what they need to.  I don't know how one vehicle moving into a wrap around screen differs from another. 

However - DA seem to have a lot more diverse transit attractions.  Depends if you want to support a british company in Simworx - or an Orlando based company in DA! :) 

In my mind, if Dynamic Atractions are like the B&M of transit systems Simworx are like Zamperla. Is that fair?

Simworx are still relatively young in the theme park world, so it's hard to judge. I feel like they'd be more like the Gerstlauer of transits though, in a few years time.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic