planenut

How Far To TP From Your Home?

I am lucky, I only live about five miles from TP. I often meet people who have travelled hundreds of miles, but yesterday, I met a young girl who lives in Ealing, West London. She doesn't have a lot of money, therefore does not bring a car needing to pay the car park fee. 

She rides her bicycle, starting off about 8.30 a.m. to cover the eleven miles through the streets of west London. Me switching the car engine on is hard enough for me.

1 hour 45 minutes minimum for me, usually about 2 hours though cause of the m25, then about 2 and a half hours on the way home

only an hour from towers tho and only 30 away from my local cred collection theme park, twinlakes!

41 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Pretty sure I win the 'Lives Closest to Thorpe Park' award.  

Usually takes me 10 minutes to get there.  By bike.

I saw "10 minutes" and thought "Oh I live closer than that!" And then saw by bike and thought "Ah".

I'm about 5/10 minutes drive away myself, it's about as close to me as the local leisure centre lol.

10 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Pretty sure I win the 'Lives Closest to Thorpe Park' award.  

Usually takes me 10 minutes to get there.  By bike.

Wow, that must be tempting to even pop in for a couple of hours before bad weather comes in, nice.

12 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Just checked and, including current traffic Thorpe is a 17 min drive 

haha maybe you live near me, takes me 15 minutes! I used to live closer actually (in Egham) so used to drive past it all the time!

Oh all you lucky people...

four hours, five if unlucky on the M6.

Always means a stay at the Travelodge in Chertsey, and a night out in "that" London.

2 hours away from the Towers, but only 20 minutes from Blackpool, so that's next years season ticket decided!

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 11:07 AM, jessica2 said:

haha maybe you live near me, takes me 15 minutes! I used to live closer actually (in Egham) so used to drive past it all the time!

Really? Whereabouts are you then?