Your Plans for 2017

The eventful year of 2016 is soon to come to an end. 2016 was a monumental year for me, riding the world's tallest roller coaster, going to America twice, 10 visits to Thorpe Park (that's probably tiny compared to most people).

But now we should take a look at 2017, even though it isn't going to be the best year for coasters that doesn't mean it won't be a good year to visit theme parks.

So on this topic, feel free to mention any theme park visits for 2017 (even you're not sure it's going to happen, put it anyway. We're all interested, even if it doesn't happen).

I'll say my lineup (it's not in order):

• Many Thorpe Park trips.
  • Alton Towers.
  • Maybe Chessington.
  • Maybe Dreamland.
  • Maybe PortAventura (my uncle did make a promise which I fulfilled).
  • Disneyland Paris
  • Hopefully some theme park in Holland - I'm going there on a tour with Bromley Youth Concert Band, I know nothing about the tour apart from that it is in Kerkrade and it's 10 days. They went to Gardaland last year (before I was in the band annoyingly), so it is possible ;).

UK-wise, I guess it'll be the standard Merlin quartet.  Would like to be doing Paultons next year since I couldn't fit it in this year..

Abroad, Liseberg, Efteling and Phantasialand are all high up on the list and pretty much must-dos.  Plopsaland (if Heidi ever opens), Movie Park Germany and Bagatelle would all be very nice too.  

Aside from them, I'd like to look into Port Aventura, Disneyland Paris, Europa Park and Walibi Holland (for Halloween), but all of them would very much be time and cost dependent..

Probably continue mopping up a few UK creds I need, in no desperate mood to go to any Merlin park...

Abroad probably a few here and there... Plopsa, Efteling, Asterix, DLP and Port Aventura are on the wish list, plus a few plus 1s I'm sure... Finland would be the potential big trip (like I've said for like 3 years it feels)...

All depends on the job and career front for me and probably won't best 2016.

Abroad wise should hopefully be getting to Port Aventura (at long last) alongside a return visit to Efteling too as Symbolica is calling. An express trip to Asterix should also be on the cards and at least one trip to Disney will probably pop up too.

Returns to Liseberg, Europa and/or Phantasialand are not impossible but we shall see. Anything else is very wishful thinking.

UK wise, really want to nail down the Yorkshire lot and will probably visit all the Merlin lot again (regardless of what flaws may come). Blackpool and Oakwood are extra. Have no desire to return to Drayton, but not ruled out.

Lots of Chessie, a bit of LEGO, hopefully quite a bit of Thorpe when I get on some Coasters, PortAventura in May, Towers in April if the school holiday dates are nice to us, if not maybe Oakwood and Towers in July, hoping to get to a few German parks but I highly doubt that. Hopefully Paultons more than once aswell.

For 2017 I'm getting married, we plan to go to Japan for our honeymoon, other plans include probably watching a bit of telly, a few visits to my favourite bar up the road and having a few Two for Tuesdays....

Oh you mean theme park wise... will be booking Tulley's when early bird tickets go on sale in February, and will probably end up at Thorpe Park a couple of times, will be good to ride the finally finished DBGT ;)

36 minutes ago, Benin said:

You've got an entire world of possibilities, more than Blackpool in the realm of creds...

There are plenty of European parks out there that interest me, and I do hope to get to some in the coming years.

But, Blackpool Pleasure Beach has continually provided me with enjoyment over the last twelve years, it's the park that got me interested in rides (on an enthusiast scale) and I really appreciate how unique it is, it's such a special place to have in the UK. Therefore BPB will continue to get my support and custom for as long as I still enjoy visiting; but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in exploring abroad parks. It simply means, I won't be visiting any abroad parks next year, and whilst I'll almost definitely visit other UK parks, BPB is the only park I can say for certain, that I will definitely be visiting.

4 hours ago, Roodie said:

Apart from the normal Merlin parks I'm hoping to do Oakwood, Flamingo Land, Lightwater Valley and Blackpool.  And of course Paultons for the kids. I did look into a European road trip, but currently it is outside my price range :(

Depends how much your price range is, currently planning a 4 person, 10 day trip to 8 parks with 7 nights in a Haven style caravan and 2 nights in the Matamba hotel at Phantasialand for £385pp.

Parks: 

• Plopsaland
  • Wailbi Belgium
  • Walibi Holland
  • Efteling
  • Toverland
  • Slagharen
  • Movie Park Germany
  • Phantasialand

Unless there's some pretty serious improvements I can't see me doing Chessington or Towers for another year. That'll be three years since I've been to either, and it makes me pretty sad that that doesn't bother me. I do miss a Nemesis hit mind. Maybe if I'm passing...

I'll certainly do Thorpe once or twice for a cheap and easy localish hit of rides.

I'm gonna try and take my nephews to Lego, as shockingly I've actually never been. 

Would like to hit Oawood, Flamingo and Lightwater in the UK for a bit of a change. I'll also happily give my money to Paultons if I'm nearby or invited, even though that was the last park I went to this year.

I have a yearning to return to Asterix and Port Aventura as it's been a long time and enough has changed since my last visits. Feels unlikely to be doing those distances for single park trips though.

And the big one is after the fun times of the Southern Germany park tour this year I'd like to try to do the same for Northern Germany next year, taking in Phantasialand, Movie Park and a couple of smaller parks with a possible detour into The Netherlands too. Time and circumstance will dictate if this is possible later in the year.

On 22/11/2016 at 10:38 PM, Coaster Jamie said:

There are plenty of European parks out there that interest me, and I do hope to get to some in the coming years.

But, Blackpool Pleasure Beach has continually provided me with enjoyment over the last twelve years, it's the park that got me interested in rides (on an enthusiast scale) and I really appreciate how unique it is, it's such a special place to have in the UK. Therefore BPB will continue to get my support and custom for as long as I still enjoy visiting; but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in exploring abroad parks. It simply means, I won't be visiting any abroad parks next year, and whilst I'll almost definitely visit other UK parks, BPB is the only park I can say for certain, that I will definitely be visiting.

What was the last European theme park you visited out of interest. :)

Although I've no idea of your financial situation, job/university responsibility etc, I do think you should definitely aim for a European park soon. As great as Blackpool is, the parks out there can really broaden your horizons. I can't imagine a world where the rides I look forward to are the ones I've done a hundred times over.

If planned correctly, you can do quite a number of parks in Europe for a low price, if your willing to fly with the likes of EasyJet,Ryanair and book early. Hotels can be cheap too if you look around.

Phantasialand, Liseberg and Efteling can all probably be done for around £300 based on flights,hotel, euros and travel costs which are worth spend. All these parks offerings are safely mostly better than the UK ones.

Disneyland Paris and Europa, are probably a little more expensive, but again worth the spend with being the largest/busiest parks in Europe.

With the exception of Europa, all these parks are easy to get to as well and you don't necessary need to drive either. 

• 1 month later...