X

Garyy

Erm, yeah, I was responding to OTHER people... I think I know that Vekoma don't build a spinning coaster in the same vein as Maurer Sohne, don't be so snarky with your bold double posting...

If you were to read OTHER posts, someone asked about a retheme to Lost City, and someone questioned about spinning coaster in the dark... ON THIS PAGE... Maybe I'm not the one who should read up on facts before posting...

Think there's been a bit of miscommunication here...

Jack asked if Vekoma do spinning coasters.

Benin posted about spinning coasters in the dark being done before (with regards to an earlier post).

Jack mis-read, believing Benin's post was in response to him. He then meant to say that he himself should do some research before posting.

Following on from some research of his own, he realises that the coasters Benin mentioned were done by Maurer Sohne, and posts again saying this. Of course, Benin's post was never in response to Jack's, hence the confusion.

Anyways, more on topic, would prefer it if the cars were kept backwards, etc. etc.

I would like the cars to remain backwards - in fact the actual coaster left as it is. But I would like to see a complete refurb of the special effects, queueline and building in general - including the exterior. Go back to the theme being a computer virus but THEME IT PROPERLY!

Maybe something like "Virus detected: Do not proceed" on the chainlift from speakers etc...

Also the building should go back to being pitch black, but the stops should have tunnels round them with lighting effects. (Similar to the tunnels on the trim breaks on Astro storm at Brean leisure park)

There could be a few random strobes around the building though that only go off as the train goes past them etc...

I always liked the idea of a computer virus, sadly it was just never executed well enough. It was like the ride that didn't make sense.

To be honest if they are going for a decent/medium to large size revamp I fear they would just start fresh with a new theme and even perhaps a new name. This is of course better than nothing but I have grown quite fond of the name.

Also the building should go back to being pitch black, but the stops should have tunnels round them with lighting effects. (Similar to the tunnels on the trim breaks on Astro storm at Brean leisure park)

There could be a few random strobes around the building though that only go off as the train goes past them etc...

I love the sound of this and yes the idea of a computer virus was fantastic sadly I was not allowed to ride it until 2008 (I was a very small kid) so I just hope they give it Justice for Its 17th year of operation

I don't think they could modify the trains as the track is made for those trains, also there are loads of beams and cross bars holding the track up in place which would probably cause a few problems if spinning trains are added.

The track is designed for straight-running; any spinning would overlap and create sideway stressing which would not be accommodated.

The theme could be updated and some original effects re-instated. Since H&S now requires the queue to be outside, further attention to that area is needed but work done on the corridors.

Since H&S now requires the queue to be outside, further attention to that area is needed but work done on the corridors.

H&S requires no such thing. Poor evac planning and procedures or design might make outdoor queuing a requirement by default, but it should not be blamed on the mythical 'H&S'. It is totally acceptable to queue inside if it is done properly.

When I worked there, the rules were that the inside queue should not extend past the ramped part of the queueline (and when running all 5 trains was about 20 minutes queue from the bottom of the ramp). The reasons I believe were H&S (fire/evac safety) and also as the interior can get very hot and has no air con and little (if any?) ventilation, causing guests to faint sometimes. Even staff members have fainted (on one occasion the onloader managed to knock the E-stop with their head as they collapsed!)

EDIT: Relocation of the bag room I can't remember/am not sure about. But the bag room being in the old photos area seems the better option as the bag room is bigger, can accommodate two members of staff, and the large exit area is easier for collection as opposed to the exit path by the old bag room at the front of the building.

can accommodate two members of staff

Would someone please tell Thorpe Park this. I feel it's vital information that might make the queue more efficient and the exit less frustrating. As mostly it's always one member of staff when I visit! And that's weekends!

Haha :P I've found the opposite (also mainly visiting at weekends), that there has been 2 members of staff in there. I guess its down to staff budgets etc, how busy the park will be, blah blah. Perhaps to make things easier they cover each others breaks, meaning for a while there will only be one in there?

I have no idea, but yeah I usually see 2 people in there :)

The track is designed for straight-running; any spinning would overlap and create sideway stressing which would not be accommodated.

The theme could be updated and some original effects re-instated. Since H&S now requires the queue to be outside, further attention to that area is needed but work done on the corridors.

True... The track should stay the same but a new theme should be rolled out.

There are 4 (I think) industrial sized ventilation fans above the ramped part of the queue lines.

EDIT Ignoring the rubbing paint stuff (I found this on google). The left 2 Ventiliation chambers are over The Passing and the straigh coridor by the flashing robot the Right 2 are over the entrance ramps and the baggage hall.

Posted Image