Samurai

Phill

Pot luck unless you

- ask for cycle 6. You may receive.

- manage to hit the actual last ride of the day, they usually stick it on a better cycle then.

Vid 1 is older than vid 2, you can tell by the lack of trees. Look at the difference in speed! I don't know if that is more to do with the cycle or to do with the ride slowly dying. That second video is one of a truly pathetic ride that shouldn't be bothered with.

Maybe I'll ask. If I can't get cycle 6 I'll at least try and ask for a quite intense cycle. If I can't oh well I'll just have to ride the cycle which makes the rides feels like its slowly dying. Plus if that model dyes can't they just go back to mondial who make samurai and just ask for a newer model of the ride as I should think they are readily available because of there popularity on the fairground circuit

Maybe I'll ask. If I can't get cycle 6 I'll at least try and ask for a quite intense cycle. If I can't oh well I'll just have to ride the cycle which makes the rides feels like its slowly dying. Plus if that model dyes can't they just go back to mondial who make samurai and just ask for a newer model of the ride as I should think they are readily available because of there popularity on the fairground circuit

The staff aren't allowed to change the cycle, if they do they'll risk a disciplinary

• 3 weeks later...

Visited on Thursday. For the 30 seconds it was giving a ride it was quite decent. But it was literally 3 rotations in each direction. The zero-ing problem seems to be getting worse each time we visit. This time we spent about 30 seconds being held sideways at the highest point before then rotating soooo slowly a full 720 degrees around the platform. Just the zero-ing took 2 minutes.

Love the ride when it's running properly but this season the operation is just depressing...

• 1 month later...

It seems Samurai is having some major work done to it with all of the arms taken off, air gates removed and alot of the flooring taken up. Slammer seemed more likely to open in the near future as its blue sheets have been removed. Thought it would be nice to take some pics of Samurai in this unusual state as it suffers from the deadly curse of Slammeritus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hopefully it will be back in operation soons as it always looks great at Fright Nights.

It's been dying for ages though really...

Kinda inevitable... Needs a good proper work up or replacing with a newer model...

I'd say get rid and not replace. Whats the point of bringing in a new one which will begin to suffer the same problems after five years.

Poor Thorpe, they must have a massive maintenance bill this year. The slammer being down, Stealth needing a new cable, Rush was late opening because it needed extra maintenance, Storm surges belt slipping off, and now this...

Just yearly occurances for theme parks although having Slammer and Samurai being bad bad rides must put question over to how long they both have left.

Whats the point of bringing in a new one which will begin to suffer the same problems after five years.

I know Samurai has had a fair few problems over the years, but the ride is 13 years old and has been operating 8 years since going back to Mondial before relocating at Thorpe Park. Maybe a replacement top scan could be the answer, I would guess Mondial have improved the way they have built them since 13 years ago, even if only slightly. I know it's time must come to an end some day but I do hope it is not any time soon.