Chessington General Discussion

Ash

I think one coaster, four flats, and two water rides constitutes as major...

None of those rides are major at Thorpe. 

That there's a disagreement about which park has managed to be less worse even before opening day bodes really well for the season ahead, huh?

What a joke!  They have known for months when rides are supposed to be open, with the throughputs there I hate to think how busy the other rides are going to be with the two main coasters and a very popular dark ride closed.

Really, really poor show from Chessington here.

It's an alright new design in my opinion, although I have preferred previous map designs at Chessington.

The actual way the map has been executed I dislike however, in no way at all is it going to help first-time guests navigate their way round the park to certain attractions, a lot of pathways/directions are inaccurate to what they would be like in real life when walking around the park.

List of closures for the preview weekend, from UK Theme Parks FB

1907474_821201617934356_8821730593348358

I think Rameses is the only we didn't know about that previously?

My view is the same it was for Thorpe's closures on preview weekend - it's a preview weekend, the park being open should be considered a bonus.  It's a lot harder to defend the park when three of the rides closed are the major rides on park, but hopefully numbers have been limited to reflect this.

As a side note, Fury is testing at the moment - so hopefully will be open for when the main season comes around.  Hooray!

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion