Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Possibly haha! Some people are getting right rowdy on the Towers facebook page!

I'm never surprised by this. Inbetween the asking about fastrack and what rides are they building next year, all the people who post on there just repeatedly moan about the price and how crap the rides are.. All the time..

I'm never surprised by this. Inbetween the asking about fastrack and what rides are they building next year, all the people who post on there just repeatedly moan about the price and how crap the rides are.. All the time..

It get's quiet annoying, would love to tell them to shut up half the time but don't want a massive stupid argument :wub:

According to the site, they're planning to reopen tomorrow.Love a quote I read from PBE on Facebook whilst I'm at it...

Pleasure Beach ExperienceThe weather has been horrible today, but unlike Alton Towers, Pleasure Beach managed to stay open all day and did not disappoint their paying customers. Will you be visiting the Pleasure Beach over the Easter period? If you do, have a good time! :wub:

Stayed open because, oh yeah, there's no trees to fall down in the wind and potentially be a H&S concern?Also want to quote Luke

Was on Pleasure Beach today and had a brilliant day, all queues were very small if there were any, and Revolution is looking nice now some of it's scaffolding is off. The wind was very strong though, so no surprise PMBO was closed all day.

All the queues were very small? I wonder why that is. Weather? Rip-off ticket prices? Or the fact its a- hole. ;)

Pleasure Beach Experience needs to get a grip sometimes. They seem to want to attack something for no reason whatsoever and they do it consistently. YOU HAVE AN ALLEGIANCE TO A THEME PARK THAT SEES YOU AS A WALKING WALLET. :ph34r: HELL ITS NOT EVEN A THEME PARK ITS A SET OF OLD RIDES NEXT TO THE SEA SIDE

It's the same forum where some members stated that the Pleasure Beach Annual Pass was better value than the Merlin one...Need I say any more?EDIT - Yes I do, here's a picture off TTF...Posted ImageIf that doesn't prove that it was dangerous to be in the park, I don't know what is...

While the fencing had been removed around the tree that had fallen over, you could see where it had fallen and buckled another fence. This was common around the park where you could see remains of trees and the damage they had caused to the fences.

Towers were lucky that the tree fell in the only direction where it wouldn't have caused structural damage to the surrounding buildings. It does completely validate why they had to close the park as if a person had been in the way it would have ended badly.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've read on TTF, a pink suitcase was left unattended in Towers Street, and hence the area needed to be evacuated in case it was a bomb.

According to a couple of members there, the information boards around park had a message reading 'Would the owner of a pink suitcase left at front of house lockers contact security ASAP' (well, along those lines). That seems to be all the information that's arisen.

Well done to AT though; from what I've heard the evacuation was dealt with brilliantly, even though it meant people who wanted to buy on-the-day tickets had to wait a bit longer (as people were led to the coach park, and anyone who was able to enter the park had to do so via Mutiny Bay). It goes to show how proactive they are and how well prepared they are for such situations!

It all does seem a little bit...strange. How many people take a suitcase into a theme park, and then just leave it by mistake and forget about it?! You would hate to be that person who had to contact security though.. :P

Alton Towers is closed again due to the horrible weather, my area just has a power cut due to the weather so I think Staffordshire has had the same and towards the end of yesterday, it was very windy and cold but nothing they can do about that *awaits BPE witty comments*

I was there today - it was absolutely horrendous weather.

The winds were causing some trees to lose large branches, and some trees were felled entirely in a controlled manner, in order to ensure public safety,

Bins, signs and fencing was collapsing everywhere - and most of the major rides were unable to run.

Air, Flume, Sonic Spinball, Enterprise, Oblivion, Twirling Toadstool, Rita and Th13teen remained closed all day (I believe Rita and Oblivion may have opened for 1/2 hour so first thing) with many other rides open intermittently.

Park closure was called at 2:30pm, and all tickets are open dated until 1st November.