Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Well, you know Merlin with creative names. There's already oblivion: the black hole and I have a feeling the Derren brown attraction will also have an uninspiring name. At least the restaurant does what it says on the tin.

It will be called "Simulator - A Derren Brown ride" and every line of dialogue will end in "Derren Brown ride'

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Rollercoaster Restaurant. Named by the same geniuses who gave us Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure only a year ago. ;)

EDIT: Alton Towers have now revealed a description on their website! Despite the name, this does sound very promising!

So promising they're going back in time to open it!

isn't the reveal about Air's retheme being announced tomorrow morning at the Science Museum? Any details regarding this?

Ahh yeah forgot about that! They're making some sort of announcement, I'm pretty sure nothings been confirmed and is enthusiasts are just assuming but let's be honest, they're not going to go to the science museum to announce new opening times are they?

• 3 weeks later...

1 day late, how dare they

In reality you'll be going regardless of ride closures anyway

Actually it's not one day late, they've had 31 days to reveal it during the timescale they put on their website and it would be helpful to know for people planning a visit or making a decision on whether or not to renew their MAP.

I won't be visiting if the rumoured six-ride closure comes to fruition, especially not if they're rides I like as it is a case of whether it's worth the petrol money for a 6 hour round trip for me.

True, but there isn't any info on the others, plus Ripsaw [alongside Flume] is also on there.

Must be a recent thing.

I did originally put Flume & CaTCF were staying til I saw Rippy on there. I did hear the other day, might have been on here, that Rippy was going back to Huss and so part of me hopes that there's an umpteenth of a chance it'll be coming back. Won't happen, though.