Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Call me old fashioned but I think that theme parks should be aesthetically pleasing.

I know it's only a fence but it's just laughable that the UK's largest park patches things up so obviously like that, it does look tacky and it really wouldn't take much to just replace that section of fence.

No it's not something that would detract from my enjoyment of the park, it's a fence but I'm just saying that it looks shoddy.

I'm all for aesthetically pleasing things at parks. It's what separates something good from something great.

But the fence wasn't exactly anything special beforehand. It was just a fence. Now it's just a fence stacked on top of another fence. It doesn't look great, but it doesn't exactly make it look worse. If anything, the silliness of it might make people laugh - more than what the old fence was doing.

If you *really* care about it being aesthetically pleasing, then you should moan about the old fence as much as the the fence in its current state. Otherwise, to me, it feels just like moaning for the sake of moaning.

If you *really* care about it being aesthetically pleasing, then you should moan about the old fence as much as the the fence in its current state. Otherwise, to me, it feels just like moaning for the sake of moaning.

What was wrong with the old fence? It wasn't themed but I didn't have any problem with it, just a simple wooden fence. The issue was that it looks like a half done job, but at the end of the day I'm not going to lose any sleep over a fence, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Alton Towers have today released their new marketing campaign, which seems to be replacing the 'Big Six' challenge.

10408892_10153346110891201_3751285994038

As part of our Towers Tastic Summer celebration, we're really excited to launch #IamTowersTastic - a search to find your greatest memories of Alton Towers Resort. We're keen to hear your stories of why the resort is special to you and see your pictures of the amazing times you've spent here! We're also giving away a family ticket to the Theme Park for our favourite memory or photograph each week!

Its great to see the park moving forward!  ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

As I notice that has been handed out to a guest, I don't like the wording of that.  "We are covered from an All Day Dining point of view..." makes it sound like "Yes, we know you can complain about that, but we've already thought of that".  Could have worded it a bit more politely in my opinion.

This doesn't really surprise though.  Closing some places an hour before park close isn't something I'm too fussed about, just so long as there's enough places open around park close to at least make it feel like they're not saying "Park's shut, get out"

The line "we are covered from an all day dining point of view" says it all really - they don't care about being honest to guests, just covering their backs. They are very poor opening times to be honest, lots of people would eat just before park close (well, they might if they tried opening past 5pm) and the all day dining offer suddenly looks a lot less attractive.