Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

Ooo err what is this new fangled electricity you speak of. It's crazy that Alton are investing so much in electricity which is unproven. It would be far better to stick to steam until electricity has proven itself.

Indeed. Electricity will never catch on.

In all seriousness though, cuts on staff, cuts on rides and now cuts on electricity? Yes, AT's current financial situation needs to be dealt with, but I don't believe cutting rides and staff will lead to more visitors and in turn an increase of income.

Indeed. Electricity will never catch on.

In all seriousness though, cuts on staff, cuts on rides and now cuts on electricity? Yes, AT's current financial situation needs to be dealt with, but I don't believe cutting rides and staff will lead to more visitors and in turn an increase of income.

I've heard Galactica was built on a different budget to what Towers runs on. Is it possible Merlin could inject money into Towers in the same way the owner does to a football club?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

It should also be known that rides will continue to operate for up to 3 hours after a power cut occurs. Every single ride in the park has a huge generator that allows for rides to be safely operated if power cuts occur, allowing them to make sure everyone in the queue can get on safely etc. although it's normally preferable for the ride to simply be evacuated whilst operating. 

So if a powercut occurs, almost always will rides continue to run fairly okay. No one would be stuck on a lift though.

And yea, the weather sucked today

Power cut at theme park meaning you're stuck on a ride for hours? Oh my that's most husbands dream situation, getting them away from the moaning wife for a few hours without having to make up some excuse haha

Ah that made me laugh more than it should have!

Can't remember if it was last year or 2014 but went to Chessie and got there just before opening and ended up sitting in the car for about 2 hours due to their power being out. I remember reading an article a few years ago about a power cut at CWOA - made me laugh reading someone saying they were terrified as they were on Safari Skyway and were "dangling" over the lion enclosure waiting T be rescued!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cernuschi said:

So... Are you gonna tell them that's physically impossible or am I? 

EDIT This is the worst article they've done yet. Misinformation, exaggeration, and the usual Smiler tie in, where even that makes less sense and is just randomly inserted in there.

Edited by ChessingtonSam

The best thing to do is to ignore things like this.  Don't give their site the views, their social media the attention and dint hand over your money and buy their paper.

If necessary, Towers will take appropriate action.  If not, they'll let it slide and it will affect so few people that it simply won't matter.