themeparkmad

Alton Towers General Discussion

Well the media are on the bandwagon again. Articles like these are the main reason I don't buy national daily newspapers. Always the case that when a big incident happens the media start blowing it out of proportion for months afterwards. A breakdown would never have been mentioned before smiler in the newspapers.

One of my favouritea so far. Apparently in Orlando The Smiler is like Dragon Challenge? Yeah, it's just like that!

It's almost like they make this stuff up and don't know what they're talking about.

This non story is currently most viewed on bbc. At least that article is accurate I suppose,  not that it should exist at all.

You just know the videos going to be bad when it's called "Riding the rollercoaster that crashed". He then refers to Spinball Whizzer as "Mario Pinball" (?) And says the Smiler has 40 loops. K. 

Video

Edited by ChessingtonSam
Forgot to leave a link

Towers are selling merch bundles for annual pass holders. 

Family bundle - £30

RRP: £53 | SAVE 43%

Contains:

• Six Alton Towers Resort mugs
  • Alton Towers Resort football
  • six-piece stationery set
  • Large bubble sword and bubble liquid
  • Large Pick'n'Mix
  • Large Marshmallow tub
  • Alton Towers Resort shopping bag

Thrill-seeker bundle - £30

RRP: £47.50 | SAVE 37%

Contains:

• New 2016 Galactica bear
  • Rollercoaster pen set
  • New 2016 Alton Towers Resort mug
  • Ride logo charm keyring
  • The Smiler notepad
  • Nemesis rock
  • Oblivion shopping bag

https://www.altontowers.com/annual-pass-bundles

Speaking of merch, that just reminded me. This one really bugged me when I saw it on my trip to Towers in March...

IMG_20160321_125940_zpsppahzjaj.jpg

Anyone else spot the mistake? 'Adrenaline', they can supply. However 'Adrenalin' is a trademarked brand of adrenaline used for medical purposes...

Only 200 of those merch bundles avaliable though - won't last long! 

The adrenaline mistake is hilarious though, unless Merlin are trying to crack the pharmaceutical industry? 

Surely the entire thing is being able to brace yourself, is it not? Surely she can. I have a friend with one arm and he just came back from good times in Orlando!

Also with Air in the press for it's lift stoppage, it's suprising that it took so long, as the ride staff are trained to evacuate as quicklhy as possible. Not sure of the timings, but they want to avoid any suspension trauma to guests from the flying position in the breaks or lift.

Already been discussed in another topic on here...

It's down to evacuation procedure, since there's a ladder involved and I doubt Towers wanna risk anything else...

It's right there on the BBC website. The picture of her up a ladder isn't very helpful though, Smiler has vertical ladders, not ones that are sloped.

Also, Facebook posts as stories.