PR / Marketing

Ryan

Judging from the fact this says 'advertising pitch', I assume it's one of the possible proposals for the new advert... Some more info would be appreciated from the poster though of course...

Looks okay, going for a similar style to the map it seems, and presumably if this becomes the real advert, they'll get rid of CGI dodgems, etc. But it felt a bit corporate to me, especially that annoying voice...

• 2 weeks later...

It's certainly very different!

I'm a bit unsure how I feel about it to be honest. At times, it feels a bit too corporate-like for my liking; it doesn't look like you're looking at a website for an exciting theme park. Just feels like it's missing something a bit more exciting or quirky really, but not quite sure what...

And on the 'How tall are you?' sliding scale on the Rides section of the site, they need to edit it so that when you say you're 2m tall, you can't go on certain rides (like Swarm) which have a 1.96m restriction :P

I see the new website links to their Tripadvisor page... if they are going to do that, it might be an idea to employ someone on the social team to reply back to reviews/allegations on there...!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g642238-d216468-r204553280-Thorpe_Park-Chertsey_Surrey_England.html

EDIT: I see they do have someone who replies back on there, they must be a few days behind ;)

It's certainly very different!

I'm a bit unsure how I feel about it to be honest. At times, it feels a bit too corporate-like for my liking; it doesn't look like you're looking at a website for an exciting theme park. Just feels like it's missing something a bit more exciting or quirky really, but not quite sure what...

And on the 'How tall are you?' sliding scale on the Rides section of the site, they need to edit it so that when you say you're 2m tall, you can't go on certain rides (like Swarm) which have a 1.96m restriction :P

There's another error with the height slider too, it shows the carousel as having a min height of 1.3m, which is only true if you don't have an adult with you, just feels odd as really only those under 1.3m will want to ride it.

The food images do look a bit like false adverstising, showing fish and chips served on crockery with knife and fork. Also the kebabs shown are shish when they actually serve donor, they need to get photos of the actual food served in park.

Looks ok, if slightly huge and in your face...

Clearly someone's been looking at the European park sites, as the majority of them search via height for rides... Glad to see a park catching up to them in that respect...

S'ok... Nothing else much to say on it...

I don't like it. It reminds me more of a school or university website than a theme park website.
I really like the modern look they are going for, but I find it quite difficult to navigate whereas the old one was more traditional, and the opening times need to be under Key Information!

Surprised that even though they've just made a new website they still haven't got a system to show which rides are and aren't available at that time. Hopefully we will see something like this soon, and maybe que times seeing as both Alton Towers and Chessington have them.

Love how you can set your ride preferences to ones with Fastrack. YAY!

It seems to work for Stealth (which I didn't know had a 1.96 max height restriction) but not the others with that rule. Strange.

It's a bit hard work to find stuff out. Opening times for a start (they're closed on the 20, 21, and 22nd June apparently?) and it seems to have been designed with just mobile devices in mind.

I do live the FB/Twitter thing they've integrated into it though. If Thorpe are good at one thing it's utilising social media.