2013 Changes

daboywunda

Someone at Thorpe is being very clever with the clues to give themselves a laugh at enthusiasts who think The Swarm will be turned backwards! They are just fuelling the rumours for s***s and giggles when it's nothing to do with swarm! That's my theory!

I was thinking that. If no-one had decided to say Swarm was going backwards, we'd all be fully talking about No Way Out but instead the clues point towards The Swarm, almost deliberately when really the clues could be both attractions.

Gives us something else to talk about I suppose.

Looking back at the past posts, I'm hedging my bets on X No Way Out having something done to it.

Not feeling this whole "turn the rear rows of Swarm backwards" thing at all. I don't even think it'd be that simple of a task because it isn't just the trains which can be turned round row by row (relatively easy) but the chassis would need minor modifications for the simple fact that the hooks and anti roll backs may need to be swapped round so that they can still engage properly with the lift chain; if not then the hooks won't hook into the chain and you'll get a brilliant ride where the train will just sit at the bottom of the lift hill...

Literally just of the top of my head I have been thinking about the "sting being in the tail" clue and maybe X could become themed around feeling like you have been poisoned by the Swarm.

I wouldn't say it's unlikely. The Swarm are an alien races that are attacking humans - they aren't going to stick to a tiny little island. They can spread, attack elsewhere. If X were to be rethemed to Swarm, it could easily be explained by a video. It could even be themed to a labratory that has captured a Swarm creature, but then it escapes, and you chase it or something. Just because they're not next to each other, it doesn't make it impossible.

However, if X gets rethemed, I hope we don't get the typical 'scary dark ride'. I would much rather have a nice, fun upbeat theme - something which Thorpe lacks, and something which would suit the ride itself.

I wouldn't say it's unlikely. The Swarm are an alien races that are attacking humans - they aren't going to stick to a tiny little island. They can spread, attack elsewhere. If X were to be rethemed to Swarm, it could easily be explained by a video. It could even be themed to a labratory that has captured a Swarm creature, but then it escapes, and you chase it or something. Just because they're not next to each other, it doesn't make it impossible.

However, if X gets rethemed, I hope we don't get the typical 'scary dark ride'. I would much rather have a nice, fun upbeat theme - something which Thorpe lacks, and something which would suit the ride itself.

Then the pyramid would have to be changed though and would have to look like it was wrecked otherwise it would make no sense as it looks like a pyramid in the lost city!

Then the pyramid would have to be changed though and would have to look like it was wrecked otherwise it would make no sense as it looks like a pyramid in the lost city!

No, no and no. There does not need to be a change to the pyramid building, regardless of whether or not it becomes a bolt-on to The Swarm.

Surely if they do turn the back rows on The Swarm around they could just turn them back again next closed season if they aren't liked/popular enough. If they've been able to turn them backwards with no track adjustments then turnig them forwards again would be easy.

Have to admit I would love to give it a go backwards and think the water effects could be used greatly here but I will hold judgement to wether or not I like it till I've ridden it (if it happens).

Regarding X being a bolt on ride, lets remember that Thorpe Park have ditched their themed areas. The rides are now categorised under "extreme thrills" and "fun and thrilling"

This of course means, a bolt on ride to the Swarm could go anywhere technically.

I wouldn't be half surprised if the Swarm Creatures make at attempt to overthrow the Thorpe Rangers in Ranger County next. Anything is possible with Thorpe's team.

It would scare people in the nemesis inferno shop :P

I remember hearing chains rattling and discovering that the asylum fire escape was in the nemmy inferno shop :)

I doubt they will do this because of rubbish success of saw alive and I think they will just add new mazes to the fright nights every year instead.

[img=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA-8tGZCcAI-A6F.jpg]

Thanks to Towers Street who thank ACE.

WE'RE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS PEOPLE.

Isn't this at six flags though?

Also if this is happening I can see the whole of swarms train getting turned around ;) at least it would make it less chaotic then putting only 2 rows around and causing a massive fuss of too many people wanting to ride back rows and ending up riding the front rows.

They wouldn't turn the whole train around because that really makes the theming elements pointless and not everyone would want to ride it. Turning the back two rows around would offer a unique experience with forwards facing still available to experience the near misses. The station will be chaos but it was before hand so nothing new there.

Backwards Batman sounds awful due to how intense they are but it is only for a limited time so they are obviously just trying to see how popular it is.

Isn't this at six flags though? Also if this is happening I can see the whole of swarms train getting turned around ;) at least it would make it less chaotic then putting only 2 rows around and causing a massive fuss of too many people wanting to ride back rows and ending up riding the front rows.

The point is if they are willing to turn B&M inverter rows around, a ride which really doesn't need to change, then The Swarm which is a far more gentle ride is fair game for turned around rows. It puts more credibility to the backwards Swarm rumours.

Not to mention, the logistical difficulties of having a main queue, fastrack queue, front seat queue, front seat fastrack queue, back seat queue and backseat fastrack queue would be eradicated if Thorpe ran one whole train backwards and one whole train forwards. Would also explain the lack of modification to the Swarm's train in that snowy photo that appeared two weeks ago.

Personally if this is to happen id like to see the front row scheme scrapped as IMO its never worked too well, ive found the station works best when theres no batcher and people sort them selves out, and if people wish to wait for front they can. As for back row, theres some potential here to divide the quite wide queues in the station and have a dedicated back row option, not sure how this would work with possible back row fastrack though.

Not to mention, the logistical difficulties of having a main queue, fastrack queue, front seat queue, front seat fastrack queue, back seat queue and backseat fastrack queue would be eradicated if Thorpe ran one whole train backwards and one whole train forwards. Would also explain the lack of modification to the Swarm's train in that snowy photo that appeared two weeks ago.

The clue was that the sting is in the tail though, which in my opinion all but confirmed it being the back (two rows was the rumour) of the Swarm being turned around. I really can't see them doing it to an entire train, it sounds like a logistical nightmare.

That said, I couldn't see this happening at all a few months ago...