2013 Changes

daboywunda

All I am saying is, people are put off by things going backwards. Just look at X

I' am not going to lie, I would not hesitate to trying it backwards if some of the rows did change. My only concern is, there is no need to change it. If they want to change the last two rows, then fabulous, I can't wait, but please not the whole train. I'm not saying the experience will be bad, but I think the downtime etc will be.

We've got a lot of time-travellers on this forum.. Either that or people who won't open their minds just a little bit and are completely adverse to change. It might be really good with backwards rows. How can we know when we haven't ridden it yet.

Personally, I'm adverse to the action of fixing things that aren't broken, especially when your own place has had plenty of experience with backwards riding providing a negative effect on the rider...

If it wasn't for the revelation of Six Flags (for a weekend only trial, which I think will fail because of the level of intensity Batman gives off at normal) and Universal Japan (Backwards Hyper would be interesting actually, only ride I would approve of here) both going backwards as well, I would say Thorpe are doing something immensely stupid by themselves without the help of B&M, but clearly there is a word in their ear about it...

Still think it's a needless addition to their best coaster though... Plenty of other investments the park could make into their own infrastructure in an attempt to bring back returning guests on a regular basis, but this won't cut it... I'm playing the skeptic card once more towards Thorpe because it seems they just cannot do anything good in between coasters... And I do believe that there will be immense levels of downtime (looking at NWO as the example, had to put lights on to stop people throwing up and it semi-worked...) and eventually it'll go back to being forwards again...

I reckon its a wind up! They would be covered to protect them over winter anyway presumably and someones having a laugh having seen all this. If it is that they're now backwards or tilting... very odd move, but interesting!

My moneys on something completely unexpected. Flying Fish with a launch? ;)

I reckon its a wind up! They would be covered to protect them over winter anyway presumably and someones having a laugh having seen all this. If it is that they're now backwards or tilting... very odd move, but interesting!

Hence why they left a whole train out in the snow. ;)

We've got a lot of time-travellers on this forum.. Either that or people who won't open their minds just a little bit and are completely adverse to change. It might be really good with backwards rows. How can we know when we haven't ridden it yet.

Indeed, which is why I'm suspecting this might be advertised as a limited time thing. Obviously not as limited as one weekend, but it means they won't be stuck with it if it ends up failing. Likewise as you said, if it ends up being really good, then great.

The person who Thorpe are responding to in that quote originally said this:

Oh Thorpe... I'd rather see X:\WTF get a bit of of a cash injection than ride your latest and 'greatest' backwards... this would have been perfect a few years down the line, but just a year after opening? Really?

Swarm backwards and X:\NWO forwards?

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGlj

That would be some serious messed up times...

"We know NWO doesn't get good KPIs and stuff, so to improve it's experience we'll make it go forwards and maybe tart it up, also stopping the vomit corridors...

At the same time we'll swap Swarm around because it was a bad new coaster for not drawing in the crowds and we need a gimmick on a gimmick!"

Classic Thorpe...

Wait I'm a bit confused, is the swarm the only new thing happening?

No.

Could X be refurbed aswell?

Yes.

Just a suggestion... sometimes, you literally only have to read a few posts or so above yours to find what you're looking for.

I believe that X://WTF height restriction has changed? Didnt it use to 1.2m and now it's 1.4m?

Correct. About 15 years ago...