2013 Changes

daboywunda

That's what I said ;)

It spells out backwards, I can't think of anything else but a ride being turned backwards now, THE SWARM!!!!

However, it is to do with a catastrophic killer which the swarm isn't really to do with, however X or Saw could well be having a retheme! But then saying that saw is nothing to do with backwards, I guess it's X! We can have an awesome retheme which will make the ride awesome :)

Well that could mean anything really.

At first my thoughts turned to The Swarm. Not necessarily switching the rows backwards but maybe something to do with the area itself. I don't suppose that swarm hunters thing has anything to do with it does it? I only say that because the clue mentions attacking 'rebels'.

I see many people are turning to Submission from Alton Towers judging by Facebook posts. However if this was true, I am pretty sure someone would have found out about it by now. Besides I am pretty sure Submission was in one of the recent SW7 construction photos.

As much as I enjoy speculation, I think they would be better off presenting the big reveal sooner rather than later.

Looks like what may be happening? To be quite honest anything could happen ;)

I don't really want the back two rows of the swarm turned around, if the swarm was turned around I would love to see the whole train turned around, probably not gonna happen!

I have never been on submission, however I have heard rumours that it is extremely painful so I don't really want it in thorpe- also 'apparently' they were having maintenance recently to get the second arm working, so I think they would leave that to thorpe if they were moving it!

I think we still have lots of options and we need to wait for another clue and then the big reveal...

The only thing I can back up with, that this clue is to do with X, is the original advert for it. You had people breaking in (rebels), who wouldnt submit to the programme (submission), and the catastrophic killer, again a computer virus which takes people (attacks) and their never to be found, and again the fact the clue spells BACKWARDS out anyways. Thats my piece.

But they are not keeping the same theme are they? That wouldn't be anything new or INSTALLING anything!

To be quite frank, if they changed the theme of X it would be nothing to do with these clues unless they changed it to the same thing!

EDIT: just realised that the Themeing was taken away and made into a clubbing ride so they could just be restoring the old Theming but that wouldn't be INSTALLING anything would it?

As far as I can see Thorpe aren't advertising anything as a 'New Ride' so surely the seats thing on Swarm could be a possibility? Personally I'd love to see something done with X but we all know that's something, sadly, which is never going to happen.

Just want to take a moment to highlight a great comment from the Facebook threads.

2gvoozb.jpg

To me, that basically confirms the back two rows of Swarm going backwards. Looks like they can market it as 'You may have survived the initial assault, but any rebels who remain can feel the sting of the Swarm's tail as you ride it backwards!!' etc.

It does seem as though the 3 clues have pointed towards Swarm, and nothing mentioned about X in my opinion.

1290449_o.gif

I really, do not understand the thought process behind it... Especially as most evidence posts towards it being because the ride wasn't a booming success...

Thorpe is really run by idiots isn't it? YOU HAVE A GOOD RIDE THAT DOESN'T NEED ANY STUPID GIMMICKS! IF YOU WANT TO GET PEOPLE IN, HOW ABOUT MAKING THE ONE-OFFS WANT TO GO BACK INSTEAD OF OVERSELLING AND PACKING THE PARK?

Sigh... I don't think I can be bothered to go to Thorpe this year...

Yep these are the three clues:
'Are you brave enough to experience the evolution?' This personally hints to nothing...
'The sting is in the tail' this time it points to swarm, the sting is in the tail(end) of the train as the rows will be turned around(possibly)

The last clue spells out backwards which also hints to the swarm but also hints to X and as Jordan up there said the clue was completely to do with X. Thorpe are currently teasing us here with their clues!

I just think having two rows of the swarm would be a nightmare, in terms of management and queue wise wouldn't it be easier to turn the whole train round? This way they could then scrap their front row queue and not bother with some complicated queueing system! I doubt this will happen though! Also wouldn't having TWO rows turned around make the train look weird?

When you look at these clues and the recent images by Thorpe Park of all the rides in the recent snow-fall, it has got to be X:\No Way Out. Here are a few reasons why I think it has to be X:

1) X is in such a dire state and Thorpe Park knows it. If any ride in the park is in desperate need of a re-fresh, it's X. So why would they need to adjust The Swarm when it's only 1 year old, compared to X being 17 years old? It just doesn't make any sense to me to change a ride that is still categorized as 'new' at a theme park.

2) A recent image of the Swarm's train in the brake run in the snow showed no possible evidence that the back seats have been reversed. If they had (or will in the future) Thorpe wouldn't release any recent images with the public would they?

3) Again, regarding the recent images by Thorpe, has anyone noticed they're showing lots of photos of all of the other rides and areas across the park in the snow (including The Swarm), but not 1 of them has X's building in view? Maybe there's some work going on the inside/outside of X's building and Thorpe are hiding it from us.

If X:\No Way Out remains the same for 2013 and it is indeed The Swarm's seats being reversed, I'll be disappointed unfortunately.

When you look at these clues and the recent images by Thorpe Park of all the rides in the recent snow-fall, it has got to be X:\No Way Out. Here are a few reasons why it has to be X:

1) X is in such a dire state and Thorpe Park knows it. If any ride in the park is in desperate need of a re-fresh, it's X. So why would they need to adjust Swarms's seats when it's only 1 year old, compared to X being 17 years old?

I think you didn't finish there mate ;)

One distinct thing I have noticed on thorpe's FB page is that in every photo they have taken, X has not been included, I know this is not particularly relevant but maybe they didn't want to photo it because it had work going on!

The potential for No way out was great. Maybe it is just be but I always found the concept behind X rather exciting; a computer virus taking over. Unfortunately the ride was not well executed despite this, and ended up being what looks like an okay roller coaster in a pyramid shaped warehouse.

I will be thrilled if the ride is getting a facelift as I do enjoy it, but if the clues were about X, it seems slightly odd to keep the same theme. It is like remarketing an old ride using the same marketing campaign as it started with. Strange...

Whatever the case, time will tell. I for one won't be getting my hopes up. I imagine if it was anything worthwhile, they would have announced it some time ago.

Just to play devils advocate, if you look at the picture of Storm Surge in the snow, they seemed very sure to make sure nothing else could be seen in the background (I.e X:NWO).

Perhaps being a little over paranoid here, but there's also a distinct lack of pictures taken from anywhere near the area behind X - Colossus, Loggers(although that's probably to do with the tunnel), Saw or Inferno.

Thinking of this also reminded me that during the first weekend of Fright Nights, I do recall seeing some wiring being dug up, to the left of the dome as you walk in, leading all the way down to Saw Island. Did anyone else notice this? I thought nothing of it at the time, but now, to me, it all seems like something out of the ordinary is going on in that particular section of the park.

All mindless speculation of course, think what you want of it.