Angry Birds Land

Marc

The ride audio was barely audible on Sunday - a shame, as I was hoping to be able to hear the theme one last time before the inevitable happens...

They were having problems with the speakers on annual pass day and then they just turned the audio off in the afternoon. Annoying they still haven't sorted the problem, Detonators theme is one of my favorites.

They were having problems with the speakers on annual pass day and then they just turned the audio off in the afternoon. Annoying they still haven't sorted the problem, Detonators theme is one of my favorites.

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't. This is the third season in a row that they still haven't fixed Saw's queueline audio!

I expect they will get new speakers as they will definitely have new audio. The speakers may not even be broken, could just be turned down. All depends of the operator.

Well on AP day it was playing loud in the morning, but it kept cutting out every like 2 seconds. Then when I went in the afternoon it was turned off.

The theme would be PERFECT for Detonator! For those who haven't seen that post I made for themeing ideas earlier this year, here it is :):

Well, I've heard that a nest (possibly with the eggs in it) will be placed at the top of the tower. In this case, I'm gonna start placing a bet to what the theme and ride experience will be!:

If the egg's nest is gonna be at the top of the tower, then the theme might be a Bad Piggies sort of thing, where the car will be themed around the pigs' latest vehicle to get the eggs! Of course, once you reach the top, the birds start to get a little mad! The sound effects playing will consist of (say) the pigs sniggering at times, followed by the slowly oncoming sound of the birds enraging! This will probably be followed by the familiar sound of the catapult being pulled back from speakers on ground level, then the sound of a random bird (varies between rides) launching into the air, then a speaker on top of the tower will play the sound of smashing wood the moment the brake goes off for the drop!

...*pant...pant...pant*

Although I DID hear that the catwalk car will be rethemed to the eggs' nest

With regards to the possible green repaint- wouldn't deep red restraints look odd with a bright green structure? They are compliementary colours and whatever but I couldn't see it looking that nice at all. They're killing Detenator as it is, a bright green repaint would be too much for me tbh.

Unless they replace the OTSRs, but this is Merlin.

EDIT: But I can see a reasonable amount of potential for the Detty retheme.

Can't see detty having anything extensive done to it. Queue lines and walls repainted plus an overall clean up and hopefully some angry bird figures too on the ride and around. The restraint won't be replaced as they were new last year and I can't see them re-painting the tower either.

I'm surprised the a Dodgems haven't appeared yet as although they can be built up quickly, the area will be opening next month (however no date had been announced yet).

Detonator's ORPs were taken down last season. They probably just weren't selling enough, and the photos weren't always perfect, and it was sometimes difficult to get a good photo with people together.

There's no mention of it on the map that 'Detonator - Bombs Away' will have ORPs, so I doubt it'll come back. :)