Angry Birds Land

Marc

The 4d cinema looks a lot bigger than I expected! Does anyone know how many people it holds?

It used to have about 630 seats I think. So I should think around the same, as the seats don't look any bigger!

Any ideas when this is going to open, or at least when detonator is going to close?

Planning a trip in the next couple of weeks and don't want to miss out on a ride, or come when everything is boarded up.

I think it's planned the open quite late in May, probably in time for Half term at the end of the month. There's no official date as of yet. If they only plan to close Detonator for about a week before opening, I expect it'll close sometime in the middle of the month really. :)

On the topic of the Dodgems, and maybe I should be asking thorpe themselves this, but do you think there will be fastrack sold for them ESPECIALLY on opening day?

I just have a feeling there are gonna be ridiculous 4 hour queues for a Dodgem ride as the queues at thorpe seem to be getting longer and longer these days! On top of that, if thorpe decide to sell fastrack I can see it all being a disaster.

I think the land itself will be good but if they sell massives of fastrack I will certainly be unsure about it all. However, when I'm next visiting I probably won't even ride the Dodgems as it's likely to be quite busy and I'm not prepared to wait ages for Dodgems which you can get at the fair :o

I think on the map it shows that Fastrack will be sold for both the Dodgems and the 4D Cinema...

So yeah, it's going to be burdenous, but who needs guest satisfaction to make money?

It is going to be absolutely ridiculous, especially on the opening weeks. I hope if they are actually selling it they make it a ridiculous price like £20 per person so not many people buy it. Otherwise it will undoubtably be like the mazes at fright nights with ridculous fastrack to queue ratios with fastrack being let in three times for main queue once.

Otherwise it will undoubtably be like the mazes at fright nights with ridculous fastrack to queue ratios with fastrack being let in three times for main queue once.

I remember seeing My Bloody Valentine with an 140 minute queue, and they were doing two groups of fastrack then one normal, possibly even worse than that (can't remember completely).

I suppose from their point of view, the longer and slower the queue the better as more people will buy fastrack...

Fastrack on Dodgems is just wrong though. You could ride better ones at a fair for less!

As a minor update more of the 2D visuals were being added to the wall facing Tetley Teacups today. Also Dodgems queue line is in the process of being built :)

Brace yourself for a Merlin style cattlepen. :(

If the dodgems have the same throughput as Chessington's that'll be 350pph, then add overselling of Fastrack and you'll get a queue that moves slower than Saw would on one cart... :(

Brace yourself for a Merlin style cattlepen. :(

Samurai has a cattlepen queue and that was moved while Tussauds branding was still on the park not Merlin, also how else would you fit a queue to dodgems, Chessington's has a cattlepen type switchback queue too.