Angry Birds Land

Marc

Storm Surge isn't good, we all know that, but it's not exactly like we were promised much more than a ride which would just spin you round and get you slightly wet.

The point is it could be good. The ride experience was good when it first opened IMO, but since then the material on the slide that makes you spin isn't there/doesn't work, it leaks, squeaks and they never finished the job properly. Also the puddle of water in the rafts which could be easily prevented with an aqua vac (similar to the one used on Valhalla).

Thorpe (under Merlin) have managed to get everything opened to the promised quality on time. Don't see why Angry Birds Land would be any different.

Were you at Thorpe on the opening day? Half the queueline they had only just finished painting in the morning and was still wet!

To be fair, if we wanted to be facetious about it all, Saw did technically open on time, even if it was just for an hour.. :P

I can see that my point did ignore a couple of points, but the general point I was getting at is that Thorpe have never left anything till the last minute, and other than the 2011 AP event, have never opened anything new half-done or anything, Why would there be concern that Angry Birds Land would be rushed, incomplete and poor quality given that track record?

I'm with you Josh. Compared to the horrors that Alton and Chessington have unleashed, Thorpes record is near exemplary. I bet they quickly learned their lessons when Vortex opened three months late in 2001 and since then, Thorpes rides have always opened on schedule.There's no "quick get the queue line built" like Alton.

What rides at Towers haven't actually opened when they were meant to aside from Smiler?

Cos, Thirteen did (by the skin of its teeth granted, but it was still open), as did Sub Terra (whatever people say, I enjoyed the original version of it, though I missed out on the apparent nothing was working day) and Ice Age...

Same question extends to Chessie as well, though that of course only extends to Zufari as the only ride they have built in the same time frame we are looking at...