New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

I agree about the furniture likely being temporary (hopefully!).

The park have said they opened it more up to get guest feedback; presumably about prices, quality of food, the look of the place, etc.  Presumably using leftover furniture was easiest for the time being.

Hopefully the park got some good feedback and act accordingly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ate at Fin's the other day and I have to say it was brilliant!  Fabulous service, friendly staff, nice feel to place.  Most importantly, The Swarm burger meal is quite possibly the best meal I've ever eaten at Thorpe - loved it so much!

On a less positive note, with Easter weekend 5 days away, I've noticed there's no advertised event for it.  Is one not happening this season?  Would be a shame to not have one, especially since I've thought the Easter weekend events for the past few seasons have been pretty decent and well received!

• 1 month later...

It needs major refurbishment, but the building itself is still fully functional and there's no reason to remove it - it's also iconic to the park so it should stay IMO.  I think they should lose the Atlantis theme completely and go with a more modern, stylish look to the interior.

The Dome will never leave, it's the park's centrepiece in many ways (after the rides) and is equivalent to something like the towers and sleeping beauty castle (but not quite as picturesque). With budgetiory reasons on top of this, I doubt the dome's going anywhere, unless it gets to a state of disrepair merlin won't invest in.

Back on track, the changes made to fins look great and really add character to the place. Whilst it's not quite a patch on Disney, his shows that Merlin can do theming.

A major rehaul of The Dome is always talked about, problem is to do it all in one closed season and do it well you're looking at millions of pounds on just essentially am infrastructure project. Yes it'll look much better but it won't draw in the guests so it's never high up the list of things to do although it's always on the list.

What they're doing with Fins is superb and definitely the way forward! Themed eateries are great and the food in there is good to! Maybe they'll do the retheme in parts so they've done the bar. Next season The shop and so on? Would be a good way of spreading the overall cost and getting the job done.

A major rehaul of The Dome is always talked about, problem is to do it all in one closed season and do it well you're looking at millions of pounds on just essentially am infrastructure project. Yes it'll look much better but it won't draw in the guests so it's never high up the list of things to do although it's always on the list.

The longer the parks in the UK have this thinking the more of a state they'll end up into...

The Dome needs to be a real big deal, it's the real first thing you endure experience upon a visit, it needs to blow people's minds... It doesn't do this...

The Dome will never leave, it's the park's centrepiece in many ways (after the rides) and is equivalent to something like the towers and sleeping beauty castle (but not quite as picturesque). With budgetiory reasons on top of this, I doubt the dome's going anywhere, unless it gets to a state of disrepair merlin won't invest in.

Back on track, the changes made to fins look great and really add character to the place. Whilst it's not quite a patch on Disney, his shows that Merlin can do theming.

You're comparing it to the company that had a temporary pin trading venue as one of its park's icons. 

My son's 11 and he's been on Stealth more times than Colossus lol, he prefers the trophy's though instead of the badges.

The smallest girl in our group on Friday was 140.5 when measured, and she turns 11 in a month or so, kids these days are a lot taller and braver than they look (we found the more lippy the more scared they were, and the quiet shy ones front of the queue every time lol).