'I'm a Celebrity' Attraction - 2015

JoshC.

Advert is nice - the Ant and Dec voiceover will certainly grab people's attention.  Hopefully the mixture of I'm a Celeb clips and scenes from inside the maze get the point across that the attraction is going to be like the show, but won't contain really bugs and the like, and so doesn't scare people away.

I'm still not convinced this maze will have real actors.

I'm certain it'll just be themed ride hosts, which they claim to be live actors in the press releases and that's where we're gonna see the big difference between this and other year round Merlin live actions mazes. Providing the running costs of the effects are kept to a minimum in the long run they'll be able to run it at bare bones operation for FAR cheaper than Saw Alive if/when it loses popularity, paying host wages instead of actor wages

Among other things I haven't seen any advertisements recruiting for Acting roles yet... 

I'm certain it'll just be themed ride hosts

Well then that's OK I guess. It's still following in the footsteps of Towers with Nemesis Sub-Terra and The Smiler (Hex as well actually!) and making it as if the staff are in fact actors. If you ask me, it's a cheaper way of adding a little life to the experience.

That advert is pretty poor to be honest. Its just the exact same footage as the last few years with a new voice over. Whilst the branding of 'An Island Like No Other' is certainly a step in the right direction, it just feels like tagging on the cheap IAC branding cheapens the product to a point when eventually the park will have no brand value at all.  

There is also the chance that upto 50 VIP holders may turn up for this event. They've just sent the invites out first come first served.

Invite also says ex-campmates will be there, along with the media.

Ooohhhh, could see some paid for vip's come up against some actually celebrity vip's and have some sort of 'important off'. There's gonna be some self entitlement carnage, I tells ya.

Ooohhhh, could see some paid for vip's come up against some actually celebrity vip's and have some sort of 'important off'. There's gonna be some self entitlement carnage, I tells ya.

Until you realise that the 'celebrities' are C-list celebrities who agent famous enough to experience the real thing... ;)

Though hopefully Ant n Dec make an appearance!

Thorpe park have confirmed on their facebook page that there will be live actors throughout the maze. This certainly will improve the experience however I worry about operation costs and how it could potentially end up like Nemesis sub terra or Saw Alive in the near future.

As for the sign, I like the "I'm a Celebrity" part of the logo but the rest looks somewhat tacky. However, maybe that's my judgement against the logo from the TV program not Thorpe's replication of it as it seems like it's been accurately replicated.

All in all, the experience seems like it will be good so far. However, only time will tell and I will be down on preview night to hopefully be one of the first ever people to experience this maze!

I dunno, I think the Storm Surge, Tidal Wave and Saw signs are better. But definitely better than the Tussauds 'Stick a picture on an oval shape' signs, which a fair few of Thorpe's signs are.

It wipes the floor with those (cough cough zodiac & Samurai)

For a ride sign it looks fairly good.