Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

So the now £200 Ultimate fastrack does not include Hyperia and requires a £20 additional charge for a 1 shot ticket. The £325 VIP package includes a 1 Shot ticket. 

Appreciate this may be advertised as something during its opening period, but if it’s £ then you can bet it’s going to stay that way. 

We try and visit once a year, but the prices now are not value for money. I can’t justify £200 for ultimate fastrack that doesn’t include the new ride (even without, this has jumped alot)

It'll be on regular packages next year. Like with the RAP limitation it will only be for the initial period to let it bed in. Bit of a recent trend for the parks as Nemmie is also fairly limited on Fastrack atm.

Also holy crap Jack Dann!

2 hours ago, Benin said:

It'll be on regular packages next year. Like with the RAP limitation it will only be for the initial period to let it bed in. Bit of a recent trend for the parks as Nemmie is also fairly limited on Fastrack atm.

Also holy crap Jack Dann!

I love it when Jack comes back every year or so to complain about Fastrack at Thorpe.

It's like when Steve posts every now and then to tell us how **** Merlin are. It's like a comfort blanket. 

7 hours ago, Mark9 said:

I love it when Jack comes back every year or so to complain about Fastrack at Thorpe.

It's like when Steve posts every now and then to tell us how **** Merlin are. It's like a comfort blanket. 

It’s not that bad actually - enjoy my visits there and always been happy to spend £100 each to ensure we get the most out of our day. When we’re spending money on flights, hotels etc it makes it a worthwhile investment. £200 and not including the new ride, not so sure. 

I know its not always possible for everyone but couldn't recommend visiting on off peak weekdays enough if you want to get on a lot of rides.

You can visit on certain days and get on rides quicker than if you were to have fast track on a peak day, and save yourself 200 quid whilst doing so! 

It's Thorpe and Merlin we're talking about here guys, don't be silly. Of course they're always going to be accurate and reliable about when they're new rides are going to open. Why would you guys assume otherwise not like it's a common trend or anything... Of coure not....

And I've worked in project management. Zero surprise that some projects really push the limit in terms of targeted handover dates. 

Purely depends on what Mack says the required testing hours needed are. Which none of us are privy to (and any of those who are won't be able to divulge such information).

Merlin have form for it too over the years. Even Nemesis is getting stuff added to it since opening officially.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:19 PM, tactic said:

It's Thorpe and Merlin we're talking about here guys, don't be silly. Of course they're always going to be accurate and reliable about when they're new rides are going to open. Why would you guys assume otherwise not like it's a common trend or anything... Of coure not....

Probably because the majority of Merlin rides do hit their target opening dates. Whether they are ready to go is questionable but actually, they generally have the ride open. 

ohhhhhh the choiiiirrr ppaaarrrrtttt t 

(bom, bom, bom, bom, dun dundundadundudnun) haaaaaaaaar, haaaaaaaar, haaaaaaaar, MUUUUUSIIIC!

the delay, ho, ho, ho, oh there could be delays, ho, ho, oh please no but we don't know, ho, ho, ho, we had to put it out, ho, ho, oh there could be some delays oh some delays oh some delays oh some delays oh will we make it 24, we don't know but there is pressure

will we make it, we make it, oh well will we make it, will we make it, we make it, oh well will we make it, will we make it, we make it, oh well will we make it, will we make it, we make it, oh well will we make it, 

really really really really scary deadline, really really really really scary deadline, oh no we don't know if we can, oh no we don't know if we can,

really really really really scary deadline, really really really really scary deadline, oh no we don't know if we can, oh no we don't know if we can

What is Merlin’s new obsession with 7ft high fencing for the queue lines now? I’ve just been watching JS latest construction update where he showed park of the queue and to be honest it just looks stupid. The rides meant to partly be about floating and feeling free, what a great way to start that experience, ramming the rider into a metre wide queue with a fence taller than you…

I know there’s probably something to do with Heath and safely that’s influenced this decision, but how come like 90% of the other rides on park don’t have fencing higher than like chest height?

this project has turned out to be one questionable decision after the other to be honest - don't get me wrong - I absolutely cannot wait to ride - but everything from the station building, planned landscaping, lack of a viewing platform, queueline etc has been pretty disapponting thus far.

I also personally find thorpe's generous (putting that lightly) overuse of the gold colour super tacky. if it was used as a highlight colour against a black station, it would look so much more elegant. also a little confused by the black and gold colourscheme of the station, queue etc but the actual coaster itself is white and gold? wouldn't a white and gold station have fit the aesthetic better than a black and gold one..?

I agree with the comments about the queue.  It’s a massive shame we have cattle pens in literal cages again.

Considering the ride is literally built on a lake surrounded by woods, it’s a shame some of that wasn’t used for the queue.

I hope it’s got a great throughput so it’s not such an issue being stood in the cages.

In a few years at least they’ll hopefully bypass the worst of the cattle pens, like they do with Swarm now, since it won’t get a full queue often.

rumble rumble, grumble grumble

piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano? piano?

up a bit, down a bit, up a bit, round and round

(then the base drops)

PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO! PIANO!

when we wanted temple, we got mcdonalds :(