Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

21 hours ago, CoasterCreditsCymru said:

Personally, I'd hazard a guess that everything planned for March 2024 in the video only includes the work as part of the Sparkle Project. They also mentioned in the video that it is an ambitious timeline which could be affected by unforeseen delays (such as weather), which would make a March opening for Hyperia doubtful.

A Late April / Early May opening for Hyperia is my prediction at the moment!

I dunno, providing that the trackwork is able to be completed by the end of this month as planned, two months of testing & training is entirely doable. The unforeseen weather delays are absolutely still a factor though - so although they mentioned that it's PLANNED for opening, that doesn't necessarily mean it will.

I personally can't see it being ready for opening, but I very much feel like the park want it to be ready for opening and are doing everything they can in their power to ensure it stays on track.

(It also says everything we are about to reveal is currently planned for March 2024 😉)

Can’t see a chance of making march 24th personally. The Immelmann isn’t yet complete, think that will be most of next week gone to do that, then there’s the lift and first drop to construct which is a mammoth structure and connect and complete the dive loop which interacts with the drop and lift structures. 4 weeks is optimistic for that I would say. That puts us into mid feb. There’s all the mechanical and electrical install for the lift hill and brake runs to be completed before any testing can commence, therefore I would say any testing before start of March is more than optimistic. 
on top of this, there’s all of the landscaping and reinstating of the lake, therefore I see a late April or early May as a more realistic possibility. 

Theme Park Guide's latest Hyperia Construction Update article (07/01/2024) has just been published (link below). A brief summary to follow;

- More track and supports have been installed on the lower sections of the ride, with work continuing on the support structures for the Immelmann / Stall Dive.

- Theming has started inside the station, with doors installed on the station and maintenance shed.

- There are currently two large items being protected from the elements outside the maintenance shed. Unsure as to what these are at the moment.

https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/7th-January-2024-Hyperia-Construction-Work-Resumes

it's 9 o'clock on a weekday, regular crowd shuffles out, there's some new track sitting next to me, but I'm waiting for mud not to sink

haaaar, haaaar, haaarmonica, haa haa haaa haaa, haar haar haar haaaaaarrrrr, tthhhe, thhhee, harmonica, haa haa haa haa haa haa haa, haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm not really sure what to do, sing us a song you're the construction man, sing us a song tonight, well we're all in the mood for some content now, but you've got us waiting tonight

9 hours ago, tactic said:

We’re not gonna have the same antics with when the project would go vertical here are we…

If if see this post edited when the ride opens I am most certainly not going to be pleased 😂

Don't know what you're talking about. Anyone who does something like that would be ridiculous..... 👀

On 1/8/2024 at 9:23 AM, tactic said:

We’re not gonna have the same antics with when the project would go vertical here are we…

If if see this post edited when the ride opens I am most certainly not going to be pleased 😂

Sounds like someone's got sour grapes because they don't know all the secret info like us ELITE ENTHUSIASTS.

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

hopefully one of those 'just in case' trims, like the one at the bottom of Swarm's drop, but we shall see

Agreed! I wouldn't say that these trims are a cause for much concern just yet. Other Hyper Coasters from Mack Rides, such as DC Rivals in Australia and Hyper Coaster in Turkey, also have trims which don't seem to have much of an effect on the pacing of the ride. It's also been speculated that these trims are installed in case the train is travelling too fast through the layout. I think that's what we could be seeing here.

Personally think they will only be fitted in the event that the ride is running too fast and pulling too many forces through the twist element. 

Even if they are fitted… it’s a very small trim section for the speed that things going to be carrying so will have minimal impact. 

Mack will be keen to get the pacing just right on this ride!! 

Seems like they are going all out with the records they break for the marketing, classic merlin...

Do we have any idea if Hyperia is going to get a high quality TV advert closer to opening date, or are the blog posts and social media stuff all we're going to get?

8 hours ago, tactic said:

Seems like they are going all out with the records they break for the marketing, classic merlin...

Ehhh, I wouldn't say this is classic Merlin. This is something any park would do, and indeed something other parks do.

This isn't a more contrived, Wicker Man esque world first which is a key focus of the advertising. The key focus of Hyperia is the fact it is tall and fast, and breaks notable, legitimate records. Mentioning tallest inversion in Europe and a unique element (which could well be the highlight of the ride) seems pretty reasonable within extra talk for the ride.

Cedar Point do it regularly with their coasters. I think Valravn broke like 6 records, with some being awkwardly specific. Phantasialand did it with Taron: "roller coaster with most track cross overs", plus "longest and fastest multi launch coaster"

I get the joke about Merlin doing silly records, but as secondary things, I think it's fine and not out of the ordinary for any major park.

8 hours ago, tactic said:

Do we have any idea if Hyperia is going to get a high quality TV advert closer to opening date, or are the blog posts and social media stuff all we're going to get?

They will 100% do a big TV advert. I expect once they have a solid known opening date they feel comfortable advertising to the public, marketing in general will kick up a notch

Non inverting Immelmann is complete. It looks insane. Going to feel so exposed in those Mack trains at the top of that thing!!

In other news the park have confirmed that the trims are only precautionary so will only be fitted if required during testing. 

That's good to hear! To be honest though, I don't really understand why everyone is worried about the trims at that point of the ride. All they are there to do is slow the train down enough so that the forces are safe, if they are needed at all. I don't get why some people are acting like they are going to slow the train down to almost a complete stop...

10 hours ago, ML27 said:

They have started to pay for sponsored advertising on Facebook and Instagram. Strange use of image and description, it’s not necessarily the most engaging or descriptive.

Interesting, I feel the opposite.

The image has been the key concept art image, and really drives home the height and scale of it to me. And I think 'tallest and fastest' coaster is enough of a draw in its own right.

In construction news:

Here's another look at the non-inverting Immelmann...

image.png

And lift hill supports have gone in today: