Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

5 experiences in one? The ULTIMATE Ghost Train?

Using the Ghost Train name is interesting, since the general view of those would be cheap fun fair attractions... I wonder when we all needed things to be spelt out for us to know what it is...

Dread to think what we're counting as the 5 experiences... Vr? Simulator? Mirror maze? Actors? Sfx?

If we're still getting a real announcement I hope they'll actually say what's within hardware wise...

Ok interesting trailer and concept.

Very confused by the train carriage suspended in the air. I presume the experience will be 2 large train carriages that will alternate to allow people to move through the ride fairly quickly.

I presume it is simply a motion simulator with VR Headsets and live effects on the train or close surrounding area.

I don't think this technology is explicitly sold yet by any company that we know of, but I think it is essentially a static motion simulator.

All his language seems really lazy in the video, 'completely rewrite...' 'I think this represents'. Seriously Derren? I guess it is a good thing that he has time limits on his shows and has to act fast to fit everything in, sounds like a right plonker in the videos. Although I guess this relates to half of the audience you guys say attend Fright Nights!

All his language seems really lazy in the video, 'completely rewrite...' 'I think this represents'. Seriously Derren? I guess it is a good thing that he has time limits on his shows and has to act fast to fit everything in, sounds like a right plonker in the videos. Although I guess this relates to half of the audience you guys say attend Fright Nights!

....what?

My God I have never seen such a moany bunch in all my life, yeah some of the trailers aren't the best teasers in the world, but they are just that, teasers, we don't know what the ride is going to do or even what it 100% is. So before people jump to the "I'm so disappointed conclusion" remember to wait before saying anything like this ride is gunna be poo, as we know nothing, so people should stop acting like they have already ridden as we know nothing. I for one am I excited for this and interested into seeing what Thorpe can do with £35 mil :D

"Next generation technology, 4D special effects and physical transit" = Some type of Immersive tunnel. Leaving Merlin to deal with "'grand illusion" (mirror maze) and "live action", which has since been cut or closed in all the other Merlin attractions that opened with them (aside from the midway attractions).

Not being negative as it certainly looks interesting, but a large chunk of those 5D effects will come from the ride section.

I imagine this will be pretty hard for marketing to sell.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic