Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

"No closing your eyes or looking away". That rule will be broken (almost) every ride!

Also, "Don't touch them, they won't touch you". Unless they are referring to something else in the attraction, the actors will touch you (according to the restriction board they will anyway).

It is a nice little picture though; just to keep this thread going that tiny bit longer until they can finally announce an opening date.

On a more serious note, it's interesting to see how 'Don't lose your head' has cropped up a couple of times now - in these rules and by the ORP collection kiosk.  Wonder if it's just a gentle nudge towards the head in a jar photo opportunity thing or if it's something that relates to the story a bit more?

14 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

On a more serious note, it's interesting to see how 'Don't lose your head' has cropped up a couple of times now - in these rules and by the ORP collection kiosk.  Wonder if it's just a gentle nudge towards the head in a jar photo opportunity thing or if it's something that relates to the story a bit more?

Isn't 'don't lose your head' also on The Swarm billboard? Maybe a coincidence or perhaps a little early clue.

1 hour ago, StevenVig said:

The whole area and building is just a giant cattlepen and extension of The Swarms Queue. When you exit the building you are teleported to the back of the queue on The Swarm Island. 

My brothers, girlfriend's next door neighbours' cat's friend goldfish told me you would be teleported to the back of the queue to purchase a Swarm Fastrack.

53 minutes ago, swooddow said:

I think the rules where no that legit and just a way to build up anticipation for the ride ! , who knows ! 

Also I thought this was rather intreeging 

as TP and saying maybe it's not only just actors that are the other creatures in there ! ... Hmm food for thought indeed! 

image.jpeg

We already know there will be creatures with animatronic heads in the attraction. 

Ala....

26379565831_4ff83e299b_k.jpg

1 minute ago, StevenVig said:

Of course, cant wait to see what it is all about

Also we've officially reached 100 pages in this thread, more than any other topic on this forum I believe, cant believe it, and we still don't have a clue what this thing does!!!

Rant and Random topics both have loads more. 

I wonder when we'll start seeing TV adverts for this ride, is it usually just after opening or before?

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Rant and Random topics both have loads more. 

I wonder when we'll start seeing TV adverts for this ride, is it usually just after opening or before?

I think they will start appearing just after the ride opens perhaps ? I swear iv already heard some radio coverage on the attraction already , kiss fm ect. But I don't know ! 

To put this NDA nonsense to bed, firstly the staff member didn't confirm anything that we didn't already know about the attraction. We knew that the attraction would be more psychological than physical (essentially the entire idea behind the attraction as confirmed by Derren), anyone with half a brain would be expecting the attraction to be testing at this point and furthermore I'd personally be shocked if this attraction is anything less that an spectacular when taking those involved into consideration.

So no, the staff member would not be breaching their NDA nor have any need to lie as the information shared was simply repeating information we already have been given. I hope this clears this up for anyone who was confused.

1 hour ago, StevenVig said:

Of course, cant wait to see what it is all about

Also we've officially reached 100 pages in this thread, more than any other topic on this forum I believe, cant believe it, and we still don't have a clue what this thing does!!!

Saw's has 145 pages.  

Also, both Saw's and Swarm's construction threads went over 100 pages.  New rides create speculation and discussion, regardless of how much we know..

Although it's interesting, newspapers often just go off figures seen elsewhere and so personally this doesn't really make me concerned about the budget. Let's not foget newspapers have also reported the attraction is a show and Galactica got stuck upside down for hours! ;) 

At the end of the day the budget doesn't really matter as much of the ride is amazing - and so far just looking at it front on I can personally say it ticks that box in terms of how it looks. :) 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic