X

Garyy

I think X is a welcome improvement. Sure it's not too intense and the queueline in busy periods leaves a lot to be desired but I think the ride itself is great, with some nice headchopper moments and close supports to the sides. The music and lights are great. Just don't go in expecting a rip-roaring B&M and you'll be fine :)

I totally agree! :P

I think X is the only big dark ride coaster in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong), tbh I like it but I think itd a bit short with out the brakes. I just look forward to eurosat now see how that compares.

All I'm going to say is that I eagerly await your trip report on that one. :D

To my knowledge, all the currently existing dark ride coasters

X/ Thorpe Park

Astrostorm/ Brean leisure park

Raptor/ LWV

Cheese Factory/ Gullivers MK

Plus Clone Zone at Milkyway which seems quite bizarre.

Don't think there are any other uk dark coasters now as Black Hole and Thunder mountain closed in 2005. The uk could do with another major new dark coaster as only X and Astro are really the only big ones and I doubt they're a patch on other dark coasters in the world.

Yeah we definately need a new one I mean both X and astro storm are meh.

Yeah especially as X is questionably the best dark coaster we have now and the fact excluding Astrostorm which is the relocated Space Invader ride, the last uk dark coaster built was 14 years ago and that was that strange coaster at Gullivers.

Whilst queueing for X today, the spekers outside were playing this track, sort of piano/keyboard type track, but it kept cutting out and restarting every 10 seconds or so. Anyone know the name of it?

It's just the theme music for X isn't it as they want it to be seen as ravey

• 2 weeks later...

So, my original opinion on the new X has changed completely.

I seriously love the ride. Yes, okay, it's not exactly the most thrilling coaster, but I find it really good fun. What I think I really like about it, but only realised tonight, is that thanks to the light show, each ride feels slightly different, adding to the re-rideability (12 times this evening!). Also got 2 goes with just the lasers on this evening - really is a great experience. Didn't think I'd say this, but I do no prefer X to NWO and, dare I say, it's my second favourite ride on park right now..!

X - 8/10

I don't think it's new ride hype, as it's got better and better for me! Could be that because it's a less intense ride, and just meant to be a bit of fun, it offers something completely different from all the other coasters on park, so seems better. :P I guess time will tell...

And nah, it may good, but it ain't THAT good... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind when there's lot's of lights which mean you can see the ride... as long as if there is lot's of smoke it looks cool either way - I really enjoy this ride, and can't even count how many times I've been on it this year now - it is different everytime with the music and light show, way better than no way out!