Slammer

Artie

Can they not sue S&S like Dollywood did over their Topple Tower? This ride has caused nothing but problems... (it is quite a thrill though!)

They would then end up paying not only a growing maintenance bill but legal fees, and no doubt some lawyers will run up a bill just as large if not larger than the maintenance bill!

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest which parts are always causing the problems? Is it the same parts every time or is it just the whole thing in general? Would be a shame if they got rid of it as it is one of my favourite rides at Thorpe but if it is going to end up SBNO for large periods of the season they may as well get shot of it.

A real shame, but if they know this then it's inexcusable that there is no indication on the website of Slammer being closed.

I agree, especially the fact that they have spent so much money on it over the last couple of years. I assume it wasn't taken off their website as they thought they would have the ride open again at the begging of the season. They still should of had a banner or something saying that it was unavailable for the meantime.

6d2dc2a170291f29042596fa63f4557d.png

WHAT!?!?!?! :( :(

They have been sending this stock reply when people have asked since a few days after it didn't open at the start of the season, nothing has changed.

I suppose the longer it goes on the worse it looks for a return, but lets not write her off yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you read what I just said :l

Thorpe are saying they are hoping to get Slammer going again, they have said they are not scrapping her yet :)

Really really good to hear, I did think that they might as well carry on trying to get it going, seeing how much they've spent on it in recent years.

Another problem must of came up though, seeing as it was being tested daily and then it just suddenly stopped. Maybe they are waiting for another part, and this takes a long time as they get 'specially made'.