Slammer

Artie

I thought I was faster too, but just put it down to not riding it for so long

Sorry, but I rubbish that. I rode it on 20th March for the first time in about a year, and it's speed is definitely the same. Take a look at my recent post a page or 2 back about motor speeds. ;)

Slammer is one ride that has an experience which never leaves you - even after 12 months or longer.

Did I claim it was fact?

Err, no.

Well, by saying

Sorry, but I rubbish that... it's speed is definitely the same.

you pretty much asserted that your opinion was fact. Very definite for a mere opinion.

I'm next to certain it is faster, as were all the 4 or 5 people I rode with at the Swarm meet and a few more I have spoken to since. I don't care what the motor sounds like. It feels amazing right now.

I haven't ridden Slammer - the ride looks really intimidating - is it one that is likely to cause nausea?? I've done Rameses at CWOA and was fine but am aware these are two completely different rides - I just think I would end up flying out of Slammer if I rode it - not that I am paranoid :lol:

Nausea is not a problem I suffer with fortunately but Slammer is less nauseating for me as it has a consistent trajectory rather than lurching all over the place, for big fat me it is more comfortable than Rameses too.

Slammer is more intimidating and scary though, because of

-the height

-the starkness of being flipped at that height with little to hold on to and minimal restraints

-the feeling it is going to fall to pieces

-the actually real possibility of it dying in an upside down position for a prolonged period.

You should do it though, do everything once!

I think many people find it scary as well due to the high level of media attention it got in its first couple of seasons when it was breaking down with people on it. Of course, that then gets over exaggerated to 'People were stuck upside for hours in the freezing cold!'

Whilst I agree that it looks intimidating, I just find the general ride experience somewhat boring...

It was only on Wednesday that I realized slammer really is quite tall and scary. For me It is probably the scariest ride in the park!

For those who think it's tall should remember that the height of the towers is pretty much half the height, considering how high you get on a paddle when you get to "the very top".

Click here for the application originally made. Select view or download on the PDF file titled "DCELEV" - it has drawings with heights and other technical information on it. :)

Slammer working well again today :) Apart from wanting to go on it first at 10:00, and engineers trying to sort it out as it seemed to have stopped upside down :unsure: luckily with no one on it though :)

I am gonna ride it for the first time on 16th April and I am worried about stopping upside down... Is it a common thing? And also is it true that they make you drop out of your seats on to big crash mats?

Haven't you heard, James? The offloading process is upside down. They expect you to jump out of the seat once the restraint is released. And they don't provide mattresses for a soft landing.

And sometimes they release the bars one at a time and capturing people emotions is priceless! he who shall not be named, I think someone broke their neck from the offloading drop didn't they o_O