Slammer

Artie

Shame how one ride type that uses compressed air works generally well and another which uses (sort of) the same compressed air system fails all the time. TBH Slammer, I unfortunately think its time to go, and I agree with Sidders I am very surprised they haven't sued becuase the ride has caused nothing but constant problems, I love the ride but I think its on its last leg literally.

It might be nothing, but history tells us when it goes down it often stays down a good while so it is understandable people think like that. Glad I've already had a couple of rides this year anyway! I'm not entirely surprised, it was clearly having difficulty slowly raising and lowering recently even if it was Slamming like a dream once it was up there.

I wonder why they haven't sued S&S Worldwide for this? Dollywood sued HUSS for millions over their useless Topple Tower.

I'm pretty sure they got fairly heavily compensated not too long after installation, as I understand it to their credit they came to a mutual agreement without it having to get to suning each other.

I didn't think either of them were prototypes. I remember the advertising for Slammer featured a white Sky Swat with American flags, which I always presumed was the prototype. Unless it used a slightly different system or something? I think Rush was the first Screamin' Swing to have 32 seats, but there was no new technology with it?

As for what I think of Slammer... Well, to be honest, I hope it reopens quickly and stays open for the rest of the season. Then I just hope they get rid of it and get something better. A picnic area would be nice. (Yep, I really hate Slammer that much...)

I didn't think either of them were prototypes. I remember the advertising for Slammer featured a white Sky Swat with American flags, which I always presumed was the prototype. Unless it used a slightly different system or something?

I believe those images were of the prototype set at their Utah base, even so however, Astroworld's SWAT (now defunct) was built in 2003, so unless Slammer was an adapted version, it was just as reliable as the American one...