Slammer

Artie

If it's open, face your fears (oops, wrong ride) and ride Slammer whilst you still can :)

As I say - it's been quite some time since I've ridden, I'm hoping all is well for this Friday.

If Stealth misbehaves herself, then I'll cry :P Though my luck with avoiding Stealth downtime seems to be pretty good!

Sorry Alex, you admire Rush or Slammer?

http://sfneonline.org/2013/03/05/six-flags-catapult-removed/

Just the confirmation of the end of Catapult for any doubters out there. It has been cut up and is likely to be heading to the scrap yard. Slammer is officially the most unique ride at Thorpe Park. ^_^

I wonder what the scrap value is? :D

I assume it's all gone to be scrapped - surely some parts could've been salvaged and sold to Thorpe, even if Catapult did have maintenance issues too?

Sorry Alex, you admire Rush or Slammer?

I wonder what the scrap value is? :D

I assume it's all gone to be scrapped - surely some parts could've been salvaged and sold to Thorpe, even if Catapult did have maintenance issues too?

I love Rush, it's one of my all time favourite flats. But I admire Thorpe Park for the continuous work they've done on Slammer to keep it going.

Slammer wasn't working when I went on 14th March - they appeared to be testing it but it never actually opened.

Was gutted as I haven't been on this for a long long time due to be being closed for ages! Oh well hopefully next time!

Hmm I rode it on the 14th, you were probably just unlucky and missed it being open!