Colossus

Adam J

Thought would mention the Colossus station music has been fixed - the loud ambience plays with the automatic dispatch announcement with the whispering playing - it sounds great in there!

Agreed. Sounds amazing.

Infact most audio does, but it seems like they've still some work to do ala Stealth.

Also, shame they've decided to bring back the god damn awful 07 loading for inferno. That should die a death.

Agreed. Sounds amazing.

Also, shame they've decided to bring back the god damn awful 07 loading for inferno. That should die a death.

Agreed, the music on Inferno was amazing last year, and was always playing nice and loud. Shame that the new loading music was only there for a year. I noticed they had also given up with the que, just playing nothing or the weird cricket noises.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

They've brought back what the queue used to be, albeit with new sound effects.

The entrance to the queue plus the area (so where the games are) plays the inferno theme, the queueline plays sound effects, the station plays the dispatch theme (and used to be nothing inbetween that but now plays the 07 loading theme).

They've essentially gone back to how it all was originally. Which is kinda goood.

I'm not sure if I'm being stupid... but I swear the indoor station music is the same this year as it was last year? I've been 3 times this year and to be fair I haven't took much notice, which is odd considering how much I loved the theme last year! and I know for sure the outdoor queue is playing annoying cricket sound which after being used to the music loop is a bit naff!

I'm not sure if I'm being stupid... but I swear the indoor station music is the same this year as it was last year? I've been 3 times this year and to be fair I haven't took much notice, which is odd considering how much I loved the theme last year! and I know for sure the outdoor queue is playing annoying cricket sound which after being used to the music loop is a bit naff!

Yeah whenever I've been, all I've heard is the cricket sound. The theme comes on for a couple of sound but then it cuts out and the cricket sound effects come on which is annoying.

Indoor for me, it has been playing the dispatch but very quiet. During loading I've only heard the 07 music or nothing, where as last year was a new one.

Anyway.... Colossus.....

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Rode front row on Colossus for the first time this season, and I was shocked about how smooth it was. Not sure if they have just genuinely improved it somehow or it was just because we were front row but we didn't bang our head once. Yes the train was vibrating quite a bit but that doesn't bother me at all. Didn't ride it again that day as it was running 1 train, and wasn't up for waiting 80 minutes for it but it was certainly the best ride I have ever had on Colossus. I do feel Colossus is quite under rated by most people, I defiantly think it is the best coaster at the park.

We weren't actually going to go on front row, but it broke down and everyone left, only 4 people were left in the station and no one was at front row, so we thought we might as well :) Glad I did now though. 

Rode front row on Colossus for the first time this season, and I was shocked about how smooth it was. Not sure if they have just genuinely improved it somehow or it was just because we were front row but we didn't bang our head once. Yes the train was vibrating quite a bit but that doesn't bother me at all. Didn't ride it again that day as it was running 1 train, and wasn't up for waiting 80 minutes for it but it was certainly the best ride I have ever had on Colossus. I do feel Colossus is quite under rated by most people, I defiantly think it is the best coaster at the park.

We weren't actually going to go on front row, but it broke down and everyone left, only 4 people were left in the station and no one was at front row, so we thought we might as well :) Glad I did now though. 

since last year it has apparently got smoother in general... but I will literally only ride it front row, which is a pain as it normally takes forever with only 2 per train, but it's the only place I can enjoy it without it being too rough!

since last year it has apparently got smoother in general... but I will literally only ride it front row, which is a pain as it normally takes forever with only 2 per train, but it's the only place I can enjoy it without it being too rough!

Yeah I know, I noticed this on AP day. But on Wednesday it just felt even more smoother. Guess it was just because it was front row :) 

To be able to actually enjoy your ride, never venture any further back than the first car. I went near the middle the other week and that was the first time I've ever gone beyond the first two rows and just no. It hurt so much; especially the second corkscrew. 

Each to their own, and I do think as we are built differently, it's not always the same for everybody.

I love the front, but I will plump for the back if not there.