Colossus

Adam J

I rode Colossus again on Tuesday. Never again!

I'm about 6ft, sat on the last car on the front row (because my feet can't fit anywhere else), and I hated it. 

I want to like the ride though! I love how it sounds and looks, but it hurts my head so much and I can't brace myself on it. I went on Stealth twice that day at the back, and had the same problem on the decent. The twist going down the top hat is so quick my head hit the restraint! :(

Part of me adores Intamin, but part of me doesn't. Plus their safety record isn't exactly perfect, but that doesn't really scare me much.

• 2 weeks later...

I, without a doubt, had my smoothest ever ride on Colossus yesterday morning! It was during morning ERT as well, so I got on the ride in like 20 seconds! :D

Basically, my point is, if you want a smooth ride on Colossus...GO AT THE FRONT.

Exactly the same for me like 2 weeks ago, my friend agreed with me as well. Defiantly will be riding at the front more!

I find Colossus really bumpy, but not as bumpy as SAW. And also I find the edges of my vision go fuzzy and I feel like blacking out when I go upside down. In fact that happens whenever I go upside down on any coaster. Is that bad? I don't want to be told that I cant go on coasters because I wuv them.

I find Colossus really bumpy, but not as bumpy as SAW. And also I find the edges of my vision go fuzzy and I feel like blacking out when I go upside down. In fact that happens whenever I go upside down on any coaster. Is that bad? I don't want to be told that I cant go on coasters because I wuv them.

If that happens to you when you go upside down you should really go see a doctor

I don't think its the upside down bit, its inversions. more specifically, where there is a high amount of g-force. I tend to get it just after the loop on Colossus. Think its due to blood pressure on somink

Ok, thanks. I first got it onthe swarm a few months ago, but then I went on other coasters and realised that it was them too. Though I do have to say that last time that I went on the swarm I didn't feel it as much, phew!

The helix on namesis inferno is awesome... None of Colossus is really that intense - the two corkscrews are my favourite part though as they're not too rough. Pretty lucky I don't get like that on rides... Although they are starting to affect me more as I'm getting older - but I'm also sure the swarm and nemesis inferno are getting far more intense!!

Are you sure that wasn't on Bubbleworks? seriously though, if you think you are suffering any drop in consciousness you should get checked out by the "vet", I.e. the Doctor. Better safe.

I agree as I said in my last post as yes it seems some people get these problems on here but the vast people don't as a roller coaster junkie I don't feel any of the stuff people get on here and tbh in IMO I would put my health always before coasters and if I every get told to stop I would I rather stop that put myself in risk