Colossus

Adam J

The only time I rode Colossus was when I used to use my parents disabled badge and cut the queues and with disabled you have to go at the back and I just found that keeping your head forward out of the restraint helps :P new trains would be very welcome on Colossus and maybe they could repaint it but if thorpe want to keep the lost city theme maybe they could maybe add some brownish sort of paint to make it look rusted :)

I think given some of the feedback that has started increasingly popping up on Trip Advisor, Twitter and Facebook; it's fair to say guests are now finding Colossus too rough for comfort. ;)

It must be smaller people like yourself rob ;), tbh I think Colossus is only good for people of average height like 5ft 9 for males, any think under that its very head bangy and for anyone over that its like being locked in a mini fridge I'm told by friends, I'm of said average height so I must be lucky with my rides on Colossus lol :P

The only time I rode Colossus was when I used to use my parents disabled badge and cut the queues and with disabled you have to go at the back and I just found that keeping your head forward out of the restraint helps :P new trains would be very welcome on Colossus and maybe they could repaint it but if thorpe want to keep the lost city theme maybe they could maybe add some brownish sort of paint to make it look rusted :)

No! Then it'll just look as dirty as some part of the track does now! If they were to repaint it, they should just paint it softer colours, there's no need to deface the track- look how bad it's gotten in just over a decade!

But it's smoother than usual at the moment!

I think that's a matter of opinion. Granted, it was rough for me the other week when I was in the middle, but even in the front car I find it way rougher than it has been, especially compared to my first ride in like 2010!

EDIT: As Ethan just mentioned with the height, I'm barely over 5'4 so I guess that would explain why I've always found it so rough, but that's still the case for me haha. Guess it proves different for different people. 

I'm about 6ft and find Colossus fine, rarely bashes me too much. I'd agree with anyone saying it has seemed pretty smooth this year compared to previous.

Mind you, have ridden it so many times I can kinda roll with the ride and avoid any contact with the harness, it's a zen-like state I tells ya - coaster & rider in perfect harmony  :P

It must be smaller people like yourself rob ;), tbh I think Colossus is only good for people of average height like 5ft 9 for males, any think under that its very head bangy and for anyone over that its like being locked in a mini fridge I'm told by friends, I'm of said average height so I must be lucky with my rides on Colossus lol :P

I'm about 5"3/4 and I have found it so much better this year, if anything I find some of the cars on SAW rougher :P 

Theres no doubt you can hit your head on Colossus, but if you brace your self (as your told to do!) its fine and I don't ever hit my head.

A ride shouldn't just be good if you ride it in a certain way though... Always ruins any enjoyment for me if I have to deliberately braced myself...

But then if you don't brace your self on Nemesis you can hit your head, Whilst I agree you shouldn't have to ride in a certain way to enjoy a ride (Like Bacco inside seat) I don't think having to brace your self on a thrill ride is much to ask personally! 

Colossus certainly isn't unbearable (as the ERT a couple of years back showed me).  However, in my experience, it's very much pot luck as to whether you get a good ride on it or not.  Some rows are fine, others are not.  However, in my recent ride (as well rides in general), I've found the cobra roll and double corkscrew to be unpleasant experiences, and even bracing yourself doesn't do much on the cobra roll.

It's a shame really when any ride has pot luck for what experience it gives.  More so a shame for Colossus since I enjoy the second half of the ride..

I recall on my last ride on Colossus, I ended up on the back car, front row. Thought oh crap, gonna try really hard to brace myself.

Now, going up the lift hill was even bloody rough. You could feel the square patches in the wheels as it went, bang, bang, bang, up the lift. Anyway I braced myself, got an almighty jolt in the loop; to then be thrown off by that battered worse than a domestic relationship in the cobra and corkscrews, and have my balls grabbed tightly by the bar in the inlines.

I'm 5ft 7, so I can understand the height thing; but I stand by the fact the thing is rough, and the only thing rougher than it in my opinion has to be credited to Furius Baco; but then having seen it's wheels (LMFAO AT ITS WHEELS OR LACK OF) it's no wonder why.

I blame Intamin. Even Stealth hurts me because it throws my head into the bar as it goes up, but then maybe it's a case of learning to brace on that, because I minimise it on Rita by moving my head so ^_^

That's my height and I still refuse to sit anywhere else except the front seat as it hurts anywhere else  :blush:

I'm 6ft and I find it rough in any seat but the biggest problem for me is the leg room or extreme lack of for my height, also getting on or off having to climb under/ around the restraints in such a small space is always difficult and usually results in a head bang -.-

I personally find the likes of Saw, Rage, Inferno (yes it can get a bit rough/'intense' in places for me) and Stealth easier to brace myself on than Colossus, probably as my head is slightly more above the restraints in the cases of the Gersts and Stealth and the jolts are a bit more predicable to me in all of those. But I have always experienced roughness in different areas on Colossus so it catches me out, and hurts a lot. 

I never brace myself on Colossus and always have a smooth enjoyable ride. I find it more seat dependant, then brace yourself at certain moments dependant.

I find "rough" coaster more comfortable slouched anyway. Colossus has this weird thing in that it rides perfectly if you dont hold on and have your arms up or out or whatever. If I decide to hold on for some mad reason it becomes uncomfortable.